• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right ive decided

shadow05

Mama Doe
that i am now gonna start saving my money up as soon as im clear of any debts im onlt gonna spend the minuim of wat i need to each week. so that i can get my bedroom sorted and maybe get everything else sorted.

i get about £120 each month and even if i go on doll because of one reason or another ill have about 120 but id have to take away 50 because im due to pay rent when i leave college so that will leave me with 70, which i definately should be able to manage on.

rabbit pellets should be about 15.00 for a 10kg bag.
hay would be about 8.40 for a whole month.
then theres wood shavings which ive weaned him onto newspaper now but ill put this on in case cause hes not quite learned hes peeing on newspaper and he quite licked his shavings. anyways this would be about 1.00 amonth as i dont use much in litter trays.
toys this is a rare thing depending on wat im getting id normally spend anywhere between 10 to 15 on him.
vegtables he doesnt really get them every week and because ive not had much money hes been on carrots which i know ive gotta be carefull with and i am. id normally spend about 5 pound on this. he only get veg for a full 2 full weeks and then the other two he doesnt get anything. i dont feel right getting him every week in case he gets runs.

adding this all up it comes too about 44.40 so i round this up to make it easier on myself id be saving 25.60 a month still which isnt that bad cause that could nearly get him one or two jabs.

ive quite surprised myself now :shock::oops::D

just so u know when i said get my bedroom sorted i meant bunny proofing and redecorating to get rid of the milduw so that i dont have to worry where i put his cage anymore.

and by other things i mean vaccinations, maybe a friend and a nice run outside.

That's really cool. :)
You are a very dedicated owner. I'm sure Scooter will appreciate all of this.

well i dont know why but i thought it was about time that i should grow up and be wat scooter needs me to be i just hope i stay like this. so i thought first thing on my list it to start bugetting. :D

srry if i miss spelled. :oops:

no that i think about it the hay thing is silly cause im only getting two bag of hay and its only costing me 2.10. might as well start buying off internet. would cost me a bit more but in long run the hay would last for about 2 months maybe more with scooter.

Good plan, but I think hes more likely to get the runs with you chopping and changing if he gets veg or not. If hes okay getting veg every day for 2 weeks, he'll be okay every day the whole month.

Get some spring greens, sometimes called spring cabbage, they are usually £1 in supermarkets for a big bag, and if you only give 2 leaves a day should last you till it goes off, usually 1 and a half to 2 weeks in the fridge. That way you can afford to give him veg everyday for the whole month, for less money :D

Good plan, but I think hes more likely to get the runs with you chopping and changing if he gets veg or not. If hes okay getting veg every day for 2 weeks, he'll be okay every day the whole month.

Get some spring greens, sometimes called spring cabbage, they are usually £1 in supermarkets for a big bag, and if you only give 2 leaves a day should last you till it goes off, usually 1 and a half to 2 weeks in the fridge. That way you can afford to give him veg everyday for the whole month, for less money :D

oh right i thought cabbage was bad for rabbits????

but ill try it anyways if u say its okay. :D

oh right i thought cabbage was bad for rabbits????

but ill try it anyways if u say its okay. :D

It can be in large amounts. Obviously as with any new food introduce it gradually. But lots of people on here feed spring greens very often, and not sure how true this is but the green grocer told me spring cabbage is the same as spring greens. They look the same. Maybe its only certain types of cabbage that cause problems, like its only certain lettuces that do.

It can be in large amounts. Obviously as with any new food introduce it gradually. But lots of people on here feed spring greens very often, and not sure how true this is but the green grocer told me spring cabbage is the same as spring greens. They look the same. Maybe its only certain types of cabbage that cause problems, like its only certain lettuces that do.

i know that pruple cabbage is okay but i dont normally see if it.

Shadow- do you have a garden? If so you could get a couple of container plant pots and grow some veggies. Carrot seeds are about £1 for loads, the pots you can get for £1-2 if you have a poundland type shop- or you can just put the straight in the ground. You can also grown dandilions, greens and you can also buy timothy seeds

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Grow+Your+Own.16/?osCsid=5cjsjjl7hc4em0q8uvcm6tm6q3

there are cats that come into the garden. so its not really a good idea. :(

Have you got a farm nearby that sell hay? So much cheaper :D

Also, if you do, they may well give you carrot tops if you ask, ours do :D

This is brilliant, good luck Shadow :wave: Scooter is a very lucky bun :)

As regards to growing things, I grew a rabbit mix from seed on our dining room windowsill. They looked like this after two weeks. I got two boxes that size and I think the seeds were £1?

that i am now gonna start saving my money up as soon as im clear of any debts im onlt gonna spend the minuim of wat i need to each week. so that i can get my bedroom sorted and maybe get everything else sorted.

i get about £120 each month and even if i go on doll because of one reason or another ill have about 120 but id have to take away 50 because im due to pay rent when i leave college so that will leave me with 70, which i definately should be able to manage on.

rabbit pellets should be about 15.00 for a 10kg bag.
hay would be about 8.40 for a whole month.
then theres wood shavings which ive weaned him onto newspaper now but ill put this on in case cause hes not quite learned hes peeing on newspaper and he quite licked his shavings. anyways this would be about 1.00 amonth as i dont use much in litter trays.
toys this is a rare thing depending on wat im getting id normally spend anywhere between 10 to 15 on him.
vegtables he doesnt really get them every week and because ive not had much money hes been on carrots which i know ive gotta be carefull with and i am. id normally spend about 5 pound on this. he only get veg for a full 2 full weeks and then the other two he doesnt get anything. i dont feel right getting him every week in case he gets runs.

adding this all up it comes too about 44.40 so i round this up to make it easier on myself id be saving 25.60 a month still which isnt that bad cause that could nearly get him one or two jabs.

ive quite surprised myself now :shock::oops::D

Well done on trying to sort thigs out!

The price for pellets seems a lot! I have 2 rabbits and spend about £5 a month on 1 bag of food. How much do you give him?

Have you got a farm nearby that sell hay? So much cheaper :D

Also, if you do, they may well give you carrot tops if you ask, ours do :D

no unfortunately ive tried looking around and the nearest one is in dinnington and i dont have a car. :(

This is brilliant, good luck Shadow :wave: Scooter is a very lucky bun :)

As regards to growing things, I grew a rabbit mix from seed on our dining room windowsill. They looked like this after two weeks. I got two boxes that size and I think the seeds were £1?

i might try him with these actually i like the idea of them :D

Well done on trying to sort thigs out!

The price for pellets seems a lot! I have 2 rabbits and spend about £5 a month on 1 bag of food. How much do you give him?

i know its not cheap but if i get it from pets at home its like 16 pound and i get it from cookes in town at like 15 pound for a 10kg bag if i wanted to i could make it cheaper but hes been on burgress since he was little so i figure why complicate things.

as for how much i give him i do not know. he now gets two meals a day but these are split in half so id say about 20 grams each meal i cant get him down any further unless he eats more hay.

the past couple of times ive got him his food ive bought a 4kg bag of food and that lasts for at least 3 to 4 month. i big bag might last him about a year but thats just a guess.

Shadow- why would the cats matter? I have 2 cats and I can still grow veggies? If you are worried about them pooping in the just grow them in container pots

Back