• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding question.

twisted_angel

Warren Scout
I have put dust free shavings in Barneys and Betty shed with megazorb in their litter trays but have read shavings arent good (after i brought a 25kg bale of the stuff :? ). Their previous owner has always kept them on shavings before.

I have put lino down today in their sheds so wondered what you would all recommend as bedding for them. I give them stacks of hay a day which they both love to eat.

Thank you for any advice.

My two are in a shed with lino, in there with them is a hutch, I stuff that with hay, but not sure they go in there that often. They also have a large plastic box (it's a plastic box for underbed storage) I fill that with hay and they seem to sit in that more than going in the hutch. I don't line the shed floor with anything they just seem happy on the lino. Not sure I have helped but that is what I do! :D

They havent got a hutch in the shed just the shed itself so i am worried they will be cold without shavings and just the lino.

Not sure what to do now :?

As there are two of them they should snuggle up, but you could put big cardboard boxes with hay in for them to go into, or as Graham says fleeces. You could get a big plastic dog bed and put fleeces in that or hay they could snuggle up in that then.

If you don't want to waste your shavings you can reduce the risks associated with the phenols by airing the shavings before you use them.

But afterwards lino with just megazorb in the litter trays is fine. I don't cover my lino with anything and as a result the bunnies are much better at using the trays so everything is alot cleaner.

Fantastic, thank you all.

Will pop to ikea and get some fleece blankets as they have some big one for only couple pounds with no stitching on.

I put megazorb in their litter trays with hay in and Barney is quite good at going there mostly for the loo.

Will also ket them a dog bed too.

Thank you all for the ideas and help. Appreciated.

Back