• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House help

tilly2484

Warren Scout
:wave:

I want 2 buns for outside ( I have 2 house rabbits at the mo).

Ideally I want the wendyhouse/run look. Or shed/run. I want to try and keep the cost as low as I can. What is the best option? Any ideas of where I can purchase them at a reasonable price? Also how will I need to adapt it?

I know people have mentioned insulation (the foil stuff in wicks) How do you put this on? is it on the inside then put something else over the top.

How much do you think i need to realistically set aside for the job?

I have just done a shed out for my two buns. I bought the 6 x 4 shed new (£179) off the internet, but you could probably get ones cheaper off ebay or preloved if you hunt around. We insulated it with some big polystyrene sheets from B&Q and then covered them with plywood. We put lino on the floor, we got that from a carpet shop, got a cheap off cut from them. All in all we probably spent about £300. I already had a wooden run which my husband adapted to fit to the side of the shed and then he cut a hole and fixed a door to the side so the can go in and out as they please.

Here are some piccies:

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/jojenks1

Hope this helps!

Also forgot to say my husband made a mesh inner door so that they can have the shed door open in hot summer and get air without them escaping or anything getting in to them.

Back