• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit sneezing but no discharge...

Scrufox86

Warren Scout
Hi i have a rabbit who lives with his brother (both neutered) in the same hutch and he has dental problems with his front teeth and his back teeth. He has to go to the vet every 4-5 weeks (depending on how long his front teeth have gotten) and so has regurlar checks at the vet. He also has to every 4-5 months go to have his back teeth filed down as sometimes they get sharp. He is booked in to see the vet next tuesday for his myxi injection and dental for his front teeth.

The thing is just now i noticed him sneezing and immediatley checked for discharge just in case it was snuffles or myxi but could not find any white discharge at all. What i want to know is, is this the start of snuffles or am i being too paranoid about it? He doesn't sneeze a lot and as i say he goes to the vet almost every month and apart from his dental problems, the vet always says he is fine.

How many sneezes did he do at the same time then? I had a bunny with Pasturella and sometimes she used to have sneezing fits which were awful and used to last a long time and her medication was usuallly increased at these times. If your bun is only doing a couple and no discharge hopefully he's OK maybe tell your vet and see what he thinks? :)

only a few. they were all quite close together. he did them really fast, at first i thought he was having a fit or having head tilt. i got him out the hutch to check him and he seems fine. i'll keep an eye on him and then ask about it at the vets on tuesday.

Back