• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to clean a buns nose

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know my bunny Daisy was bitten by Harper and had to have stitches in her nose/lip it has go a bit dirty round there and I just tried to gently clean the area with fragrance free baby wipes but she just flinches and hates it. Any ideas as the best way to clean it without stressing her out? Many thanks

I wouldn't do it with a baby wipe. Maybe wet cotton wool, wet with cooled boiled water.

I have a fair bit experience when it comes to cleaning noses and I will only ever use cotton wool and salt water as its natural, I don't like using baby wipes on the buns.

Sit the rabbit on a table, its more helpful if you have someone holding the rabbit.

Gently start to wipe the nose just little bits at a time.

Dry the nose off with cotton wool.

It might take a while for your rabbit to get used to you doing it and watch you fingers Charlie bit me when I was cleaning his nose:roll:

I have a fair bit experience when it comes to cleaning noses and I will only ever use cotton wool and salt water as its natural, I don't like using baby wipes on the buns.

Sit the rabbit on a table, its more helpful if you have someone holding the rabbit.

Gently start to wipe the nose just little bits at a time.

Dry the nose off with cotton wool.

It might take a while for your rabbit to get used to you doing it and watch you fingers Charlie bit me when I was cleaning his nose:roll:

Thank you, I hope daisy doesn't decide to bite me:shock::lol:

Back