• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introduceing Harry and Mr.Fluffles :D

Kelly93

New Kit
Hi everyone:) I'm a newbie from Australia.

I thought I should introduce my two bunnies, but first I'll tell you some things about them:)

Harry is going to be 8 years old this year.I've had him for 3 years but it seems like a lifetime as he has brang so much joy to our life.
Harry came from a very bad home.The family had him for fives years, but it was only the last couple of years that they had him that he got neglected because they started haveing children so Harry gets pushed outside and forgotten about.He was in an outdoor hutch that never got cleaned so it had inches thick of poo in it.He never got fed vegies ect, all he got was pellets when they remembered to feed him and his water suspenser was covered in green algi.
He had no life in him, he was such a sad bun, his nose never even twiched when I brang him home, for ages he was like this.
For the last 3 years Harry has been getting 5 star treatment, he is indoors, has a huge cage, gets the run of the house from morning till night, gets all the vegies he wants, unlimited hay, and of course all the love and attention he could want.Harry is such an affectionete loveing rabbit that craves human attention.Harry and I have a huge connection.We have such a special bond and words cant describe how much I love him.It makes so so upset to think how much he loves people and how affectionete he is and he went so long without any human contact.Its so sad.He just loves to be near you, he's always following me everywhere and circling my feet, or laying near by.He's a real baby, you can hold him in a baby position and everything, he is so placid.
Although he is 8, he seems to be getting younger, like lately he's been jumping on the couches, and he's also been binking.

Mr.Fluffles is 3 years old.He came from the same place, but I got him when he was 12 weeks old so they didn't have him very long so he was lucky.I got him before Harry though as it took a lot of convinceing to get them to give up Harry cos 'They've had him so long':roll:.
Fluffles aka Rebel(got that nickname because he is so naughty) is a fiesty one.He HATES being held or picked up, he is quite timid, but he looooooves being petted on his head, you can for it for ages, but you have to be careful when you walk away cos he'll lunge at you to attack!:lol: Fluffles is really really naughty.He will destroy everything and anything he can get his paws/teeth into.He has wrecked our blindes, dug up our carpet, chewed my hair dryers and straighteners ect(dad doesn't know any of this thankgoodness!:lol:)
Fluffles has his own bedroom, he and Harry dont get along at all so they are seperated at all time.We have a baby safety gate up at Fluffles door to keep him in rather then keeping the door shut.He has the run of the room from morning till bedtime and also comes out in thhe whole house for a couple of hours a day, but not too long as Harry doesn;t have his own room so when Fluffles is out harry goes in his cage.
Rebel gets really long wooly hair, I'm not completely sure what breed he is, I'm thinking maybe cashmere or angora cross lop, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to know what he is:D

Anyway, heres the pictures!

Harry;

003-5.jpg

040-1.jpg

056-3.jpg

083-1.jpg

039-3.jpg

Isn't funny how they love eating while on the toilet?:lol:
275-1.jpg

picturess069.jpg

picturess005.jpg

SDC11490.jpg

SDC11430.jpg

More to come...

hi :wave:

Awww Harry looks like such a big snuggly bunny :love: Im so glad for him that you saved him from that horrible life and have given him tons of love and care :love:

Cant wait to see pics of Rebel :D

Oh by the way, if you got Rebel neutered his behaviour should calm down alot :wave:

SDC11449-2.jpg

Everytime we go grocery shopping, Harry comes running over to investergate the bags to find his vegies!
SDC11182.jpg

And this is what happens if you leave him for five minutes on his own - he ended up ripping the bag of apples open and started eating it:lol:Mind you, those are not his apples!He cant have any as he gets diarrhea
SDC11464.jpg

SDC11402.jpg

SDC11398.jpg

Harry doesn't mind laying on his back, he'll lay like this in your arms no worries.Somtimes I'll lay him in his bed like this if I have no one to hold him while clipping his nails or to clean his bottom.The vets always say that he is such a good patient:D

SDC11195.jpg

SDC11196-2.jpg

Found him one day in my shelf of my childhood teddy bears - he was just sitting there licking them all :lol:
SDC11173-2.jpg

SDC11177.jpg

SDC10855.jpg

Awww very cute buns! :love: :love: :love: :love:
Nice to see another Aussie, where abouts are you? I come from Brisbane :wave:
I love the very last picture, very disapproving bunny! :love: :love: :love: :love:

SDC10819.jpg

001-4.jpg

This is what Fluffles does every morning when I open his top cage doors to give him his oxbow pellets
009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

Snoozing.
012-3.jpg

This is him with his hair cut all short.Its funny cos when his hair is long he's huge and bigger then harry, but when its short he is sooo tiny and smaller then Harry:lol:
140-1.jpg

138-1.jpg

135-1.jpg

And thats it!Crikey I didn't think I uploaded that much!Sorry bout that:oops:

Awww you can just tell from looking that Harry is a total sweetheart :love:
Bless Fluffles with his hair cut, cant believe how big his head looks on that scrawny body :shock::lol: That is one furry bunny indeed :love:

hi :wave:

Awww Harry looks like such a big snuggly bunny :love: Im so glad for him that you saved him from that horrible life and have given him tons of love and care :love:

Cant wait to see pics of Rebel :D

Oh by the way, if you got Rebel neutered his behaviour should calm down alot :wave:

Haha he is!He's a big teddy bear!
I know me too!I think about it all the time, and how much he's changed since I got him.Like I said, he was so lifeless, never did I imagine at that time he'd become so attention seeking and affectionet.Hes so beautiful.
Haha I love how your calling Fluffles by his nickname already, thats awesome :D
They're both desexed but still no luck.One time they accidently got together(didn't shut his gate, I'll NEVER forget to do that again) and in a matter of 20 seconds tops there was fur EVEYWHERE and they had were covered is sores.It was awful.They deffinitly hate eachother.

Awww very cute buns! :love: :love: :love: :love:
Nice to see another Aussie, where abouts are you? I come from Brisbane :wave:
I love the very last picture, very disapproving bunny! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hey fellow aussie! I'm from Victoria.
How do have pet rabbits in QLD, they're illegal?Can you get a permit?:D

Awww you can just tell from looking that Harry is a total sweetheart :love:
Bless Fluffles with his hair cut, cant believe how big his head looks on that scrawny body :shock::lol: That is one furry bunny indeed :love:

Hahaha he does have a big head on a tiny body.He's so cute!
He's not my biggest fan after his haircuts -between you and me, I think he feels bigger and tougher with all that hair..Shh dont tell him I said that ;):p

Hey fellow aussie! I'm from Victoria.
How do have pet rabbits in QLD, they're illegal?Can you get a permit?:D

I'm living in London, UK at the moment. Looking to go home in 2013 but the thought of not having buns is making me re-think where I want to go back to! :oops: :roll:
If I could get some sort of permit I would love it! :D

Ohh okay thats awesome!
Yeah its pretty silly that they're illegal.I believe that if you get the rabbit desexed, micro chipped and have them apropietely contained there shoudn;t be a problem.I dont think you can get a permit though, but I have heard there is a lot involved if you try to.But I've heard of people going down to the borderline of NSW to 'buy' bunnies like in Tweed Heads and whenever they;re sick they just take them back to Tweed Heads for a vet.But if you get caught your in for a hefty fine and the rabbit gets PTS.So its probably not the best idea.Maybe when you come back to OZ you should live in victoria :D:p

Ohh okay thats awesome!
Yeah its pretty silly that they're illegal.I believe that if you get the rabbit desexed, micro chipped and have them apropietely contained there shoudn;t be a problem.I dont think you can get a permit though, but I have heard there is a lot involved if you try to.But I've heard of people going down to the borderline of NSW to 'buy' bunnies like in Tweed Heads and whenever they;re sick they just take them back to Tweed Heads for a vet.But if you get caught your in for a hefty fine and the rabbit gets PTS.So its probably not the best idea.Maybe when you come back to OZ you should live in victoria :D:p

:thumb: Maybe I will look into it! ;) :D

Back