• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stairs!

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
Do your bunnies climb up and down the stairs in your house? Was just wondering, as mine will happily hop up the stairs, but can't get back down again! It's very funny to watch. If he only hops up 3-4 steps from the bottom, he can hop back down again. But if he goes any higher than that, if he changes his mind and wants to come down, he can't. Sometimes when he's at the top, he puts a paw over to check if he can reach the next step yet, but realises he is still too small!

PS I always supervise stair-playing and am below him in case he slips!

:lol:

My two smaller buns (Bunny and Poppy) will happily run up and down the stairs, but Bella the big lop wouldn't attempt it. I remember when we first got Bunny and he was about 9 weeks, and still quite small, one of the first things he did was climb the stairs...I hadn't realised he would be able to, and we had just turned our backs, then couldn't find him anywhere! He was sitting upstairs playing on the landing :roll:

Haha, I know the first time mine hopped up the stairs it was a bit of a surprise! One second he was in the hall, and the next he had gone! He's now in the habit of jumping on my bed if the door is open too!

I do worry about him falling down the stairs sometimes, which is why I sit near the top step if he is attempting to get down. At least if he falls I will be there to catch him!

Back