• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shows?????

i've never been to a rabbit show
i couldn't see any categories in that link :? it is late tho and i am tired - well that's my excuse anyway :lol:

Sorry I loathe them with a passion! :evil:

Only one good category for me & that's 'Best cuddly toy rabbit (owners must be 9 years or under)'!!

I'll not say what I think about the other categories :evil:

Please do 'un zip' you can see by my comments my views.... I hope I am not alone! I think its time to stop brushing things under the carpet.

Don't agree with rabbit shows...rabbits do not take to being transported to busy, noisy and strange places to be gawked at by crowds for the pleasure their owner may get by receiving a cheap polyester rosette saying " Best Bunny" .
Most decent rabbit owners already know their rabbits are the Best Bunnies without being given a rosette:D

I think the rules are good:

*No Animals will be sold or traded at this event. No Individual Breeders will be advertised. This event is not for profit

*Rabbits will not be allowed to roam free or intermingle, they must be watched and secured by owners at all times.

*STRICTLY ONE Rabbit per owner

*Owners are responsible for the behaviour of their pets. Organisers will accept no responsibility for injury to rabbits or their owners

*Owners are responsible for the transportation to and storage of their rabbit at this event. Owners are also responsible for assessing that their rabbit will tolerate the event without stress

*Owners are requested to ensure that their rabbit's vaccinations are up to date

Don't like the fact that the categories have under 10s as owners though... :shock:

Last edited:
I think the rules are good:

*No Animals will be sold or traded at this event. No Individual Breeders will be advertised. This event is not for profit

*Rabbits will not be allowed to roam free or intermingle, they must be watched and secured by owners at all times.

*STRICTLY ONE Rabbit per owner

*Owners are responsible for the behaviour of their pets. Organisers will accept no responsibility for injury to rabbits or their owners

*Owners are responsible for the transportation to and storage of their rabbit at this event. Owners are also responsible for assessing that their rabbit will tolerate the event without stress

*Owners are requested to ensure that their rabbit's vaccinations are up to date

Yeah.... especially the terms 'transportation and storage' :shock:

Yeah.... especially the terms 'transportation and storage' :shock:

hmmm didn't notice that bit :?

Where some people have said it's unfair on bunnies to take them to shows, in some cases it is, especially if they are watched by 10 year olds or even 3 year olds!! :? But, if bunnies like travelling (and I literally mean like :lol: ) and don't mind noise, people and just like the attention, then it's not bad for them, I guess it's a change of environment for them. Some people take their bunnies to family and friend's houses don't they? That's not classed as cruel even though it could be classed as unnecessary travelling for them.

Some rabbits though, it would be cruel to take to shows like this. :wave:

Last edited:
I am against rabbit shows, and certainly ones that promote "largest rabbit" and best rabbit with owners aged 0-3 :?

Longest ears, shortest ears, most photogenic rabbit - who cares? :roll:

Sorry - think my feelings on this are quite obvious.

I have to say I am surprised to see who is supporting this event. :?

hmmm didn't notice that bit :?

Where some people have said it's unfair on bunnies to take them to shows, in some cases it is, especially if they are watched by 10 year olds. :? But, if bunnies like travelling (and I literally mean like :lol: ) and don't mind noise, people and just like the attention, then it's not bad for them, I guess it's a change of environment for them. Some people take their bunnies to family and friend's houses don't they? That's not classed as cruel even though it could be classed as unnecessary travelling for them. Some rabbits though, it would be cruel to take to shows like this. :wave:

I've never met a rabbit that 'likes' travelling or one that likes to be out of his/her comfort zone. Not to mention the risk of disease being spread. But ultimately its a sign that its ok to measure the importance of these wonderful complex creatures by ridiculous standards such as the size of their ears... or encouraging obesity to win the heaviest category. Or endorsing them as childrens pets.

The most rewarding experiences I have ever had with bunnies is to just sit and observe their ways, to allow them the freedom to come to me, to learn about each individual character by spending time in THIER territory.

I hate the way people think its ok to parade them like toys - they are living breathing PREY animals that are so sadly misunderstood... these events just add to that situation.

Back