• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Otty better from spine damage !!

longleap

New Kit
Hello please read ...my mini lop bunny had a fall and it was not much hope, now after 7 weeks of love and care by me and my 9 year old daughter Izabella, and lots of jabs and many trips to the vets can now hop and run !!!!!! she when runs to fast she will fall a little but it looks like she has been on the brandy lol .... but it is a miracle when most said put her to sleep .... but the bond we now have would bring tears to most ... she is like a little dog and follows me everywhere and makes a buzzing noise, and will come to her name and sit by me for hours and will now rest her chin on my leg just like a dog ... I think she knows i made her better i stayed up at night to empty her bladder foir 3 weeks feed her by hand and wiped her bum ... but the love she shows me now tells me that rabbits are very clever and she trusts me so much, and knows i saved her life .... please never give up on your bunny, thanks for reading my message from Donna and Izabella and of course otty x x

Last edited:
How wonderful, what a star. I have bought my bunny home from the vets £500! I am now carrying on trying to make him better. He is worth every penny and I just hope he pulls through.

Thanks

Thanks for your king messages ...... everyone thought i was mad, with the vet bills and people thinking i was kidding myself that she would get better, so dont give up if ever your bunny gets ill

Last edited:
Honey

How wonderful, what a star. I have bought my bunny home from the vets £500! I am now carrying on trying to make him better. He is worth every penny and I just hope he pulls through.

I so hope your bunny will get better, everyone thought i was mad, with the vet bills and people thinking i was kidding myself that she would get better, so dont give up, what was wrong with her ?

I have just switched on and this is the first thread i saw.
I am so glad you persevered with your bunny and both you and your daughter are reaping the rewards.
You deserve a medal for all you have done for bunny:)
But I suppose a happy bunny is better than any medal:D:D

Thankyou

I have just switched on and this is the first thread i saw.
I am so glad you persevered with your bunny and both you and your daughter are reaping the rewards.
You deserve a medal for all you have done for bunny:)
But I suppose a happy bunny is better than any medal:D:D

Thanks for your kind words .... we have 3 mini lops one 7 years and one thats just turned one, then otty who is 10 months old .... We just love our bunnies and the hard work did pay off .... thanks again

I hope you post some photos of your bunnies soon:)
I had a giunea pig that fell down the stairs many years ago and lost the use his back legs, but with time and care he eventually regained the use and lived to a grand old age:)

Back