• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MMC Easter Amnesty

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Make Mine Chocolate can report over 2000 pet shops nationwide have now been invited to join in this years Easter Rabbit Sale Amnesty. Each shop contacted has been asked to suspend rabbit sales during the two week period over Easter, or to help spread the message that rabbits are a big commitment if they do not sell rabbits.

The shops have been given an Amnesty poster in addition to free care sheets for their customers detailing the key areas of commitment required before taking on rabbits.

Make Mine Chocolate! hopes that both the Amnesty and the detailed care advice will help to reduce the number of impulse buys this Easter. With strong media coverage of the Chinese New Year, the new film Hop (due to be released on April 1st) in addition to Easter itself, the problem of impulse buying and subsequent relinquishment a few months later could be greater than ever this year.

Do help us if you can! Visit your local pet shop and ask if they are joining the Make Mine Chocolate! Easter Amnesty - if they've not yet received their Amnesty pack, let us know and we'll send one out right away!

http://www.makeminechocolate.org.uk...esty/2011-easter-amnesty/2011-amnesty-sponsor

By working together, we can make it a Happy Easter for bunnies too.

Do you have feedback as to how many have agreed to do it? I would approach my local pet shop but, she won't agree to it, it's a waste of time, these people do not care - there are hundreds of breeders on facebook alone. Have you ever managed to persuade any other organisations like the BRC or is that a stupid question in the sense they just wouldn't give a damn? I really can't handle it at the moment, it seems the more aware I've become the more I keep seeing in terms of byb and there is no legislation - at best we have inadequate 'guidelines' to stop these people producing more and more rabbits that they can't afford to look after properly in terms of housing etc, I also find it really hard to swallow that it's legal to buy and sell live animals on a 'property' site like freeads or gumtree etc - sorry to rant just feeling rather p**ssed off atm with the disgusting animal welfare legislation or lack of it in this so called civilised society and the attitude that is 'well it's only a hobby' grrr :evil: Good luck with the campaign I totally support and respect what your doing and will continue to do my bit as best I can when I've finished banging my head against a brick wall :roll:

Vicki, we will certainly keep you up to date on registered support - this will also be shown on the MMC site. The campaign has only just gone out so we wait with anticipation for success. I share your concerns, distress and disgust at the situtaion in general and hope that this campaign will begin to raise public awareness and be the start of many small to steps to a big change. Thanks for your support x

Vicki, we will certainly keep you up to date on registered support - this will also be shown on the MMC site. The campaign has only just gone out so we wait with anticipation for success. I share your concerns, distress and disgust at the situtaion in general and hope that this campaign will begin to raise public awareness and be the start of many small to steps to a big change. Thanks for your support x

No thankyou:love: - all of you on this forum who care - it's a godsend at times to be able to be reassured that your not alone in finding the whole situation outrageous, actually in fact ludicrous and that your not a lunatic for expecting people not to have 'selective' compassion and respect a rabbit as they would any other species like a cat for example - I might not be on the forum that much, but rest assured wherever I go and whatever I do when I can make a difference however small I will try and believe me from small acorns ! There is already a ripple happening in a big ocean, but it will gather momentum;)

No thankyou:love: - all of you on this forum who care - it's a godsend at times to be able to be reassured that your not alone in finding the whole situation outrageous, actually in fact ludicrous and that your not a lunatic for expecting people not to have 'selective' compassion and respect a rabbit as they would any other species like a cat for example - I might not be on the forum that much, but rest assured wherever I go and whatever I do when I can make a difference however small I will try and believe me from small acorns ! There is already a ripple happening in a big ocean, but it will gather momentum;)

Just this!:D

Yeah... just this :D:love:

Back