• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dissapointed

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I've been looking for secondhand dog beds to use as a litter tray for my elderly frenchie. He possibly has arthritis so I wanted something with a very low entrance. Well I found one on ebay - the old kind with no vents - but its entry is 3.5inches which is the same as the one I have now.

Darcy can still hop but I wanted something he could just walk in if he wanted.

what about a large plastic tray for the base and then sort of enclose 3 of the sides so he can walk in easily?

how big and where are you? we've got a large one we're about to get rid of - will have to measure the 'step' though - and it's got holes in the base but would be ok lined with newspaper i would think.

not that close then! Not heading down there anytime soon either. sorry!

Hope you find one soon!

I have used an old plastic dog basket and just cut out a large, low and wide entrance.

My husband used a little hacksaw and then filed off any sharp corners.

This seems to work well.

When my Inca had mobility problems, i got a underbed storage box and cut one of the sides off it. I had to put a towel over the cut side cos the plastic was rough, but it worked a treat :)

Back