• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinning...?

Jodes

Mama Doe
I remember years ago having a male rabbit who rubbed his chin on pretty much everything in the house.
I have another male bun,got him last friday and he has been out and about but i have noticed he doesnt chin things?? chews dvds and bits and pieces but no chinning at all....does it depend on the bun? is it a comfort thing?? still kind of getting used to having a bun in the house again :)
Funny to watch him chase my cat though lol....

I remember years ago having a male rabbit who rubbed his chin on pretty much everything in the house.
I have another male bun,got him last friday and he has been out and about but i have noticed he doesnt chin things?? chews dvds and bits and pieces but no chinning at all....does it depend on the bun? is it a comfort thing?? still kind of getting used to having a bun in the house again :)
Funny to watch him chase my cat though lol....

He was marking is scent that's all :)

Badger took some time before he scent marked things in our house. Your old rabbit was saying "this is mine" to everything he marked. Your new bun may start it as his confidence grows. but it's nothing to worry about either way.

Soon enough though, I'm sure you'll be surrounded by furniture that's his! :lol:

Awww ok :) ta...just wonderd if it was normal etc....time yet for digs to it then hehe....although he has made a mark somewhere already...in the heart shape under my ribs!:love:

Awww ok :) ta...just wonderd if it was normal etc....time yet for digs to it then hehe....although he has made a mark somewhere already...in the heart shape under my ribs!:love:

That's so sweet :) The bond with a bun is incredible isn't it. You've got so many happy days ahead!

By the way, I'm in Horsham :wave: We are planning a south east meet up in Guilford soon. Check out the thread (somewhere!).

That's so sweet :) The bond with a bun is incredible isn't it. You've got so many happy days ahead!

By the way, I'm in Horsham :wave: We are planning a south east meet up in Guilford soon. Check out the thread (somewhere!).

Im loving it :) hes a nommer though lol....my census form has been nommed lol,tv pages,books,dvds...lol i love it :)

Oh that would be brilliant :D i'll have a lookie...

Both my boys do it, my mobile phone is a favourite and MUST be chinned whenever possible! Not sure what to read into that... :roll:

lol....bless them! :) dont suppose it makes a difference if they are castrated? (coffee wasnt castrated,digs is...)

lol....bless them! :) dont suppose it makes a difference if they are castrated? (coffee wasnt castrated,digs is...)

They get less terrotorial and so yes it could ease up if you get him neutered early enough.

My own bun was neutered at 2, and whilst it hasnt stopped he doesnt do it nearly as much.

edit: when let out of his cage in the morning he used to 'do the rounds' chinning everything (including me!) and scattering a few poops. Now hardly any scattered poops and he only chins throughout the day if he thinks something doesnt smell enough of him.

Last edited:
Hes about a year old,his old owner got him castrated cos he was humping the dog :oops: lol. she hasnt said much about him marking or anything,i just rememberd it this evening about the chinning...

Back