• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

supreme science recovery - how to use - urgent please

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i can't find the instructions on how to use it online. the page on their website isn't coming up

can anyone tell me how i make it please

I use Oxbow Critical Care, but it should be the same idea. I use 1 part/teaspoon of mixture to 2 parts/teaspoons of warm water.

Basically, you add enough warm water to get a consistency like baby food.

Also, if you're syringe feeding, cut the end off the syringe (just make sure it's not jagged), the food will pass through easier.

so i wait for the water to cool before mixing with the feed? not mix it and then wait for it to all cool?

i just put the warm water and recovery together and mix :) casper likes his warm :) when you start mixing as said above it should be like baby food consitantsy, i add a little warm water,mix and then add some more if needed :) xx

ok, thank you.

just waiting for the water to cool a bit.

matts not eating anything now. he won't take any food from me. so he's only had a few leaves and a bit of coneflower so far.

he's very tired

As the others have said, mix it with a little warm water to a paste type consistency.

Sending him lots of eating vibes.

If you can get hold of any Oxbow Crititcal care for the future it is much better as it does not separate. Mine started to lap it up as he liked it wheras I have found the SR dificult to syringe as it separates.

I used it for the first time last week and was very impressed. It is about £13 but once the pack is opened you can store it for up to 6 months.

he had some but then was just spitting it out. he had about 2ml maybe, but no more then. :(

i picked him up from the floor and he didn't even bother. :cry:

he took a bit of thyme from o/h but he's not happy with me because i keep giving meds etc.

do i put the recovery food in the fridge now and then add more boiled water to it later?

and when should i try again?

i'm so scared :cry:

Packet:
Each sachet contains 20g of concentrate, which should be diluted with 70ml of WARM (not boiling) water. Feed small amounts at regular intervals.
Leaflet inside:
Science Recovery is suitable for feeding rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, chinchillas, iguanas and other small herbivores.

The average adult rabbit will require a sachet (20g) of Science Recovery mixed with 80ml of water (formulation is mixed 1 part powder to 31/2 parts water). Small species will require smaller amounts of the same dilution.

Each individual sachet will provide enough foor for one to two feeds depending on the size and intake of the animal. Feed small amounts at regular intervals throughout the day. Average usage would be one to two sachets per day. This may be reduced if fed alongside Science Selective. Instructions for us:
  1. Mix the sachet with 80ml of warm (not boiling) water and mix thoroughly to achieve an even suspension
  2. Draw into the syringe or oral feeder in a manageable amount (approx 10ml)
  3. Place the animal on your lap with its head facing away from your body
  4. Place nozzle of the syringe into the side of the mouth and syringe a small amount at a time to the back of the mouth
  5. Allow the animal to swallow between mouthfuls. Gently rubbing the throat will encourage swallowing. You will get used to the amount that your animal will take in each mouthful.
  6. Continue syringing until a sufficient amount has been eaten, this may only be a small amount at the begining of support. Gradually increase the daily feed as the animal gains strength.
Only for use in animals requiring high levels of dietary fibre
Not suitable for hand rearing baby animals
If your animal is in need of this product it is advised to seek veterinary assistance
This product is also suitable for guinea pigs but will need to be supplemented with additional vitamin C

sorry i tried searching for you too, it seems to be a well asked question on the net, best i could see was to mix with water until it becomes a smooth consistency, not runny not thick, but couldnt tell you the dosage :(

oops, i typed this earlier, didnt realise you got the answers :lol:

sorry i tried searching for you too, it seems to be a well asked question on the net, best i could see was to mix with water until it becomes a smooth consistency, not runny not thick, but couldnt tell you the dosage :(

oops, i typed this earlier, didnt realise you got the answers :lol:

that's ok. thank you. i couldn't find the exact info either. doesn't seem to matter aslong as it's a baby food type consistency.

i've been putting the unused in the fridge and then adding some boiled water to warm it again. :)

Back