• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eglu from omlet

hun-bun

Warren Scout
:wave: Hi does anyone have an Eglu rabbit or guinea pig house?
My neighbour just had a chicken house delivered, it looks abit small to me. So being nosey I wanted to check it out and looked them up online (needed to know how much it cost them:oops:) Anyway they look funky but I didn't realize they did them for rabbits. If you have one it would be great to know what they are like or if you've seen one what does everyone think?

Omlet offer some good advise on rabbit keeping which is always good to see:) But not sure about the size of the cage/hutch/house???

Hi.

I hate them personally. I have one but not to keep rabbits in, it was donated to a rescue for them to show people wanting to adopt, but they refused to use it. So it came to me to get rid, knowing it wouldn't end up as rabbit housing.

It's a joke to be honest. You get two rabbits sitting in the house part and it's totally full up (medium sized buns).

Nope not a fan.

Hi.

I hate them personally. I have one but not to keep rabbits in, it was donated to a rescue for them to show people wanting to adopt, but they refused to use it. So it came to me to get rid, knowing it wouldn't end up as rabbit housing.

It's a joke to be honest. You get two rabbits sitting in the house part and it's totally full up (medium sized buns).

Nope not a fan.

Lol you could've used the house thingy as a hidey house :p

Ive seen one too and im not impressed, would be ok for guinea pigs i guess, but so not worth the money. They do look and sounds good on the website, but they are a waste of space.

I sent a stinking e-mail to Omlet once regarding their 'luxurious rabbit accomodation' - strangely, they didn't reply ;). I think the things are awful and are designed purely to attract the human eye with very little thought for the needs of the animals.

I'm not keen on it either, its so small, imagine my two in there :p
The runs small.
They need to do some research..
In £400 you can buy more than one very strong run.!

Thanks folk:)
Thought this might be the case. Having not seen a rabbit one in the 'flesh' so to speak I couldn't realy judge. But having seen the chicken one my neighbour just bought I wouldn't think you could keep two banthams in it let alone layers so thought the rabbit one might be too small.

I'm sure someones bun on here had their rabbits ear ripped off in it by a fox, even though its 'fox proof'.

Back