• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting extra buns?

tilly2484

Warren Scout
I have 2 buns at the mo. poppy and muffin. They are house rabbits. I would love 2 more buns but it would mean they would need a hutch outside. Obv I would make sure it's a great one and will bring them in the house as well but do you think it's wrong to have 2 buns as house rabbits and 2 as outside buns?

Quite a few members on here have 2 in and 2 out.
I dont see whats wrong with it, as long as they have every thing they need!
Oooh, and also, instead of a hutch, would you be able to build them an aviary/shed sort of thing?
That way, they'd have more space, which is always good :D

we have enough room for a shed:D so yes could def do that. We live on a farm so we have a nice big garden. Do you know of any places I could purchase them?

Are outside rabbits ok in the winter, will they not get too cold?

Anyone know of good places to get hutches/sheds? Any recommendations?

Couple of questions as I've only really had house buns:

1. If I get a hutch/shed with bunny proof run attached can they be allowed in the run without supervision or kept in the hutch/shed?

2. How do you keep them warm enough in winter and cool enough in the summer?

3. If buying a wooden garden shed- what would I need to do to it DIY wise to make it bunny ready

Anyone know of good places to get hutches/sheds? Any recommendations?

Couple of questions as I've only really had house buns:

1. If I get a hutch/shed with bunny proof run attached can they be allowed in the run without supervision or kept in the hutch/shed?

2. How do you keep them warm enough in winter and cool enough in the summer?

3. If buying a wooden garden shed- what would I need to do to it DIY wise to make it bunny ready

You can buy 6 x 4 sheds from B&Q for £130. You can also put a second level in with a ramp for even more levels and space for them. (we used plywood)

We have made the door into a stable door so during the spring and summer we will open the bottom 1/2 so it keeps the shed cool and they can go in and out of their shed into their enclosures as they like. For the cooler months we are going to pop in a small dog flap so keeps the heat in.

We have put vents in too (high up) but have cover them with mosquito net to keep flys and bugs out.

We have attached a enclosure to our shed. (made with 2x2 wood with fox proof wire) running off the shed to the size you want. This enable us to walk in plus we needed it min 4 ft high as one of our contis can jump 3ft fences.

We do have continentals though but is working well for them and us.

My husband worked out that there wasnt a lot of price difference in buying a shed or making a huge hutch anyway.

Back