• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will rabbits get cold on lino? :S as the base of their hutch..

zayna1

Warren Scout
So they're in a brick shed, with a wooden sleeping box thingy my dad built, with a ramp coming down from it. The floor is bare concrete atm, and I cover it with newspaper, then lay down thick wood shavings (dust extracted), and then cover with shredded newspaper (this is the same as in their sleeping area). The walls are bare brick, my dad didn't see a need to insulate it, as it backs off onto a neighbors outhouse, and it's in a very sheltered area of the garden right near the house :). They are pretty much litter trained, but the male still tends to pee on fabric like blankets, so I don't put them in. I want to cover the base in lino, because it's pretty hard to clean. If I were to leave the lino bare, would they get cold? I'm spending so much on wood shavings (lol at least it's a lot when you're trying to save up pocket money!) when I really should be saving...and the floor area uses up a LOT of wood shavings! I've seen people who have had just carpet down on the floor, don't the buns get cold? Thanks..

:wave: Lino may stike cold during the winter months but it will be lovely for them in the summer! My rabbit shed has tiles on the floor and they are realy cold in the winter so I use cardboard on top, then shredded paper.
Cardboard is easy to get hold of, we go to the recycling point and get lot's of board from the bins (dry stuff only, stock up in dry times to compensate for wet times) it's free!!!!. You could ask in local shops too. Cardboard is realy warm and if you can get whole boxes then the buns can have a great time with them:) Hope this helps you'll be free to save some pennies then.

Back