• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rats get their own pool and enjoy some fishing!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
After I was rather upset about something last night, I went in my room to see my two rats awake and waiting for me by the door of their cage as if they knew I needed them :love: I thought I'd set something new up for them to play so I gave them their own pool and they enjoyed some pea fishing and running round my room :)

Honey goes for a paddle

ratswater3.jpg

And Treasure too

ratswater4.jpg

After saving the ball, Treasure tries to save the duck!

ratswater5.jpg

ratswater6.jpg

They both kept running up to me to give me a nudge! (Notice the bunny pj's!)

ratswater7.jpg

ratswater8.jpg

Yummy peas!

ratswater9.jpg

Both attacking my doorstop!

ratswater10.jpg

ratswater11.jpg

ratswater12.jpg

Save Shaun the sheep!

ratswater13.jpg

ratswater14.jpg

And a video of them, after saving the ball from the water Treasure tries to save the duck! Sorry about the darkness, my room wasn't dark, it's just my camera!

They're gorgeous :love: I had 4 hooded rats when I was 14. I always wanted one that looked like Treasure, one day I hope I'll get one :love:

Thanks :D Treasure used to have a really short tail when I first got her but then it grew long! Treasure would make a great life guard, she was in their rescueing all the ducks from the water too and took them to safety behind her cage :lol: Treasure is a roan I have been told, I think they are quite common, I have seen quite a few rats like her :love:

Thanks :D Treasure used to have a really short tail when I first got her but then it grew long! Treasure would make a great life guard, she was in their rescueing all the ducks from the water too and took them to safety behind her cage :lol: Treasure is a roan I have been told, I think they are quite common, I have seen quite a few rats like her :love:

Now I know what they're called I can make sure I find one one day :lol:
All 4 of mine were hooded, 2 brown, 1 ginger and 1 blonde. Mammy and 3 daughters :love:

Thankyou everyone :love: Steph, I have been told Treasure is a black roan, she used have black colouring but then turned grey. And although Honey looks like a PEW she is actually a champagne roan, she used to have the same markings as Treasure but honey coloured, they then faded.

Gorgeous roan girlies :love: my first ever ratty was a little chocolate roan back when i was 16, she roaned out almost completely and looked like a BEW - i had no idea about rat markings at the time, i thought she was some sort of mutant :lol:

Loving the pool and toys, Treasure is very brave going in with all four feet! my boys havent even progressed beyond sitting on the edge lol!

PS. you should post these on FR :)

Last edited:
My daughter had a rat..white one called Dane (after Dane Bowers).
Gorgous he was.
I like your 2.Pea fishing!!! It looks like they really enjoyed it!!!

Thanks :D After a hyperactive day yesterday they are having a calm out of their cage time tonight sat with me on my chair and desk :)

Back