• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with choice of bunny boarding worcestershire please

Hi, ive been offered 3 boarding places for my 2 new rescue rabbits, as this is all new to me and i havnt used any boarding places im not sure which to go with.
The bunnery in Abberley, Worcs £10/day bonded pair
Cosy cats in Grimley Worcs £9/day (they are a cattery but do board rabbits)
The vale pets services Evesham £7.50
The bunnery sounds fantastic as they play music in the rooms for the bunnies and the owner Clair was a vet nurse so would have a real knowledge with animals and their welfare, Cosy cats obviously deal with cats as 1st business but to broaden the services cater for other small pets, and just to put the spanner in the works Vale pet services have emailed me to say they have a place for them, this makes it difficult as i am very indecisive to say the least, as i havent boarded any pets before i dont really know what to look for apart from the obvious, size of hutch and fresh hay water and food plus access to run. The prices vary somewhat so just wondered if anyone had any experience of any and if so what are your views or recommendations, my heart goes with The bunnery which is most expensive and furthest away and not sure if one of the pictures of 2 rabbits on vale pet services website has wood shavings in hutch which im aware is not a good thing. Any help appreciated;)

I've never used any of them but...

I know some people on RU have used The Bunnery and recommended it - they used to have a sister boarding place in Staffs as well but think that has closed now. I know we contacted one of the two when we couldnt get in at our usual boarding place (not in Worcs) and were impressed by what they could offer, their website looks good too.

Hopefully other RU members who have used them will see this and be able to comment :wave:

The bunny in staffs is still open, it was the one in bromsgrove that closed . I took mine to the staffs one the other week and they were fab :wave:

Thanks tried the pershore lady she offers fab service at great price but she is fully booked.

Yes, that's me!!!

Sorry I can't help out on this occasion. Hopefully another time.

In my experience, if in any doubt......check it out.

Any good boarding establishment should happily discuss any questions etc you will have regarding your rabbits, and allow you to visit beforehand.

You want to enjoy your holiday and not be worrying about the bunnies. Of course you still will !!!

There is another place called Hoppy Days in Redditch who has recently opened. I have no personal experience of them so cannot give a recommendation.

Good luck in finding somewhere for the buns.

Yes, that's me!!!

There is another place called Hoppy Days in Redditch who has recently opened. I have no personal experience of them so cannot give a recommendation.

These guys have a website, but the accommodation looks small.

As Bunnykins advised, make you visit and check them out before you book.

Thanks everyone, and Mrs Bunnykins, hopfully next time if I book in early enough, i hadnt realised that it was you, you replied to me a while back about your husband and making runs, ive ordered the wood and going to have a go myself and make my Dad proud! (hopefully;))

Hey, I would go with the one that offers the biggest accomodation and the most time in a run.

Have you contacted local rescues? They sometimes do boarding and you'll also know they are experienced, which gives you peace of mind if they get ill.

Thanks everyone, and Mrs Bunnykins, hopfully next time if I book in early enough, i hadnt realised that it was you, you replied to me a while back about your husband and making runs, ive ordered the wood and going to have a go myself and make my Dad proud! (hopefully;))

Good luck in making your run. :D

Hey, I would go with the one that offers the biggest accomodation and the most time in a run.

Some of the better ones I have seen don't actually offer a separate run, they just have oversized accommodation (giant oversize hutches or kennels/playhouses, for instance) for the duration of the stay - this means that there is no stress for the buns of moving them around and as they stay in the same place all the time, there's a reduced risk of them picking up infections from other residents. This is especially the case if the boarder uses runs on grass, which can't be disinfected between guests :)

I agree with the others to go and look if you can - and go with your hunch, as it's probably right!

Thanks, ive just had an email from the bunnery saying that she doesnt put them on grass for the reason of possible cross infection as they cant sanitize the grass area, which hadnt even occured to me:shock:

:wave:Mrs Bunnykins, i guess from your response that you agree to not putting the bunnies in runs on grass because of cross infection. Thanks

Only just found this post but wanted to say. I used Cosy Cats to board my buns last year and they are fine but their hutches are not very big and their runs are also not very big.

I now use a lady in Solihull who has runs that aren't that big but she lets the buns have some free range time in her garden and her hutches are a very good size. My two go out in the runs all day and then she lets them have some free range time for an hour or two as well. She is a lovely lady and boards in her home so there is someone there all the time.

Just wanted to say about Cosy Cats.

Hope this helps! :)

Back