• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning up droppings from lawn?

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
Hello, does anyone pick up rabbit droppings from their grass and has anyone found an easy way to do it? I move the run around when the grass gets too short and my children play on the grass so I need to pick it up, but it takes me blinking ages crawling around looking for it all, lol!

I sometimes sweep it up with dustpan and brush if I see it, and if the grass is dry. Our garden is the size of a postage stamp, so its not difficult to clean up. I also leave it sometimes, and, to be honest, it just breaks down very quickly. (Once I hoovered!)

Lol I know it's safe, it's just when they sit in it and it sticks to their trousers or something.. I'm only wanting to pick it up when their friends come around to play, wouldn't look good sending them home with droppings stuck to their clothes lol!

I sometimes sweep it up with dustpan and brush if I see it, and if the grass is dry. Our garden is the size of a postage stamp, so its not difficult to clean up. I also leave it sometimes, and, to be honest, it just breaks down very quickly. (Once I hoovered!)

used to hoover my grass after our picnics all the time - the neighbours thought we were nuts but our freerange garden rabbit used to eat anything. :lol:

Hello, does anyone pick up rabbit droppings from their grass and has anyone found an easy way to do it? I move the run around when the grass gets too short and my children play on the grass so I need to pick it up, but it takes me blinking ages crawling around looking for it all, lol!

:lol::lol: Im glad im not the only one on my hands and knees, sweeping it up! to be honest they chew it so short I never really have trouble sweeping it up.

HOOVER !!!:lol::lol::lol: Neighbours think i'm nuts but who cares. I use an old wet and dry so I can pick up any poo mixed with wee!!
My buns have fixed runs so I can't move them and they would get clogged up!!!
Found that the hoover was the best thing to use:lol::lol:

I have used a dustpan and stiff brush to good effect.

The lawn mower set high should suck them up too.

My son has eaten bunny poops without harm too - now he's 6 he knows better and thinks it's funny that he did it when he was younger, he says he thought it was chocolate!

I have used a dustpan and stiff brush to good effect.

The lawn mower set high should suck them up too.

My son has eaten bunny poops without harm too - now he's 6 he knows better and thinks it's funny that he did it when he was younger, he says he thought it was chocolate!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Depending how crumbly they are, you could just squish them under your feet and then water them in. :)

You might look a bit of a nutter if your neighbours see you stomping around the garden, but no worse than if they saw you hoovering the lawn. :lol::lol::lol:

Haha thought I was the only person to have ever attempted to hoover my lawn!! :oops: it was just one time... had lots of guests coming... I just wait till its time to mow thses days

for odd droppings I just leave them to fertilize the lawn.
I scoop up any patches of droppings with a trowel and put them in a bag in the bin ( though I used to put them in the compost bin). I scoop up the patches of droppings as I don't want them to attract flies.
sue:wave:

Depending how crumbly they are, you could just squish them under your feet and then water them in. :)

You might look a bit of a nutter if your neighbours see you stomping around the garden, but no worse than if they saw you hoovering the lawn. :lol::lol::lol:

That just proper made me laugh!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back