• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food bowls

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
How do you divvy their grub up?

I used to do a bowl with pellets in and a bowl with veggies in - Lucky ran to the pellets while Daisy ran to the veg.

But now i give them a bowl each with a fair mix in each bowl. They have the same colour dishes but i wonder if i should do pink and blue or something?? Just so they get used to their own bowls?

And i have spare water dishes so i can replace and take away the old one but i havent got spare food bowls. I'm going to get some cheapo ones on the weekend.

How do you guys do your buns food bowls?

The pellets are scattered over the floor. Any veggies are fed at a different time of day and they both eat out of the same bowl.

I used to use the cheap plastic cat food bowls though - they're usually about a pound and come in various bright colours.

Pellets are scattered.

With there veg they have one big china bowl they all eat around.
Don't use plastic bowls anymore since Florence ingested plastic and thats how she died.

I've just started scattering pellets rather than putting them in bowls. I have one plastic veg bowl, which Spenser takes great delight in tipping up and throwing across his hutch/crate. He also has the heavy light brown bowls, which being a very strong rabbit he is also well capable of rearranging.

pellets and water are in ceramic bowls. all 3 share the same bowls.
the veggies/herbs i scatter and mix in with the hay.

I usually scatter it all. Pellets I scatter 100% of the times, but last night they got veg in one bowl which they sat and shared. Usually it gets scattered though.

Me neither... I know that rabbits forage... but it seems odd to me lol

Is it better to scatter?

That's what i'm wondering.

I also thinmk i dont want them eating off the floor because it's dirty! :lol::oops: It's a concrete floor and they've got carpet that i de-fluff daily and vacum every 3 days.

I also thinmk i dont want them eating off the floor because it's dirty! :lol::oops:

Mine eat pellets off the concrete floor, but then they also eat grass straight from the lawn and that's probably no cleaner. :lol:

I also thinmk i dont want them eating off the floor because it's dirty! :lol::oops: It's a concrete floor and they've got carpet that i de-fluff daily and vacum every 3 days.

I find it better as they hop about looking for it and no risk of little scuffes over the bowl.

Mm, I was thinking, I wouldn't like it if someone scattered my morning cereal on the floor so why would a bunny lol, the floor isn't exactly sterile lol.
I can just imagine a rabbit looking at me like "seriously? you're gonna play it that way? Hmm k but your pillow is getting soooooo peed on tonight."

I suppose it gives them something to do too.

They generally dont fight over food anyway. I might try it to see if they like it.

Or i might get daisy pink bowls so they can have thier own food bowls??

Mm, I was thinking, I wouldn't like it if someone scattered my morning cereal on the floor so why would a bunny lol, the floor isn't exactly sterile lol.
I can just imagine a rabbit looking at me like "seriously? you're gonna play it that way? Hmm k but your pillow is getting soooooo peed on tonight."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I used to worry about Spenser eating things off the floor, but he hasn't come to any harm and I think he likes a bit of added flavour. :lol:

Or i might get daisy pink bowls so they can have thier own food bowls??

If they're anything like my two, they won't stick to their own bowls - I tried it in the past and they were always more interested in what the other one had. :roll::lol:

I scatter the pellets as it's quicker for me to throw a handful of food down onto the floor than it is to try and get a bowl down without clonking somebunny on the head with it.

If they're anything like my two, they won't stick to their own bowls - I tried it in the past and they were always more interested in what the other one had. :roll::lol:

I scatter the pellets as it's quicker for me to throw a handful of food down onto the floor than it is to try and get a bowl down without clonking somebunny on the head with it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mine tend to stick to their own bowls - that's why ive tried giving them a bowl each with the food split because i think Lucky was getting too many pellets and Daisy more veg.

If Daisy puts her head in the pellet bowl, Lucky tries to sit on her head :shock:

It's worked out a little better the last couple of days but i am going to still keep an eye out just to make sure.

I bought a big, shallow, metal dog dish when I had three rabits, so they could all feed from the same dish. Now I have just the 2 of them, they still use the bowl and they share it really nicely.

:wave: I scatter all their food on top of their hay in the run.
I used to use bowls but they just tipped it asll on the floor anyway so I gave up :roll::lol:

Back