• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deterring chewing!!!

Loxxy

Alpha Buck
Having 'patched up' the door seal to the kitchen door with black insulating tape (I can kind of get away with that without husband getting too annoyed atm), Loxxy has now chewed the door seal away from the bottom of our conservatory door (due to son leaving door open :?). She always goes for the seal as soon as the door is opened, but I usually manage to move her away before she gets hold of it! Am now off to the local glazing company later today to see if they can match my chewed off bit of seal so I can repair this.

So my question is.... does distilled white vinegar really deter chewing?

Having 'patched up' the door seal to the kitchen door with black insulating tape (I can kind of get away with that without husband getting too annoyed atm), Loxxy has now chewed the door seal away from the bottom of our conservatory door (due to son leaving door open :?). She always goes for the seal as soon as the door is opened, but I usually manage to move her away before she gets hold of it! Am now off to the local glazing company later today to see if they can match my chewed off bit of seal so I can repair this.

So my question is.... does distilled white vinegar really deter chewing?

It stopped Ginger eating the door and door frame here, if that helps? :)

Not one I've heard of, so can't really offer that advice.

Didn't want to read and run without saying that I know how tricky it is stopping the little blighters chewing everything.

It stopped Ginger eating the door and door frame here, if that helps? :)

Ooh OK great, thanks ~ I'll definitely go buy some (along with some new seal hopefully) at lunchtime :D

Not one I've heard of, so can't really offer that advice.

Didn't want to read and run without saying that I know how tricky it is stopping the little blighters chewing everything.

LOL ty :wave: They have all the twigs, cardboard, toys, hay, etc. in the world to chew, and they want to go for the house!!!

Back