• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newest Arrivals At the Rehome! New pic post 23

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
random506.jpg

random508.jpg

random509.jpg

random514.jpg

Unfortunately we couldn't take all of the gerbils we were asked to take due to being full up :( But we have four males. A pair and two singles who are being introduced to each other so will be two pairs. One is black and the other three are golden agouti. Any help with names would be appreciated as i've drawn a blank!

Last edited:
arthur and harry for the pair:)

(not sure if the parcel has turned up yet?? think they estimated wed/thurs) x

The white one looks like my old Gerbil Badger and his sons were the colour of the rest and I'd named them Chubby, Blackie and peat (as in soil) The mother was called 'Fox' who was pregnant when we got her so had to change her name to 'Vixie' they also had one daughter called Queenie.

We then separated the male and female and kept chubby and queenie as companions for them both while blackie and peat went to live with my cousin who bought exactly the same stuff I had and was a really good gerbil mummy :)

-edit- just to add, we knew Badger was the father because he was the only other gerbil in the tank and the store hadn't had any others in.

Last edited:
Gerbilloons!!!!! Love gerbilloons (If you don't get the reference google "Mark Llama Gerbil Farmer")

How about Inigo and Fezzick (Princess Bride reference) for boysies?
xoxo

Also, why do some of them have bald patches? I've never seen a gerbil with bald patches and I've had enough gerbils to populate a desert haha x

I was thinking about you and these lot earlier, Nicki. They all look quite slim, pretty and able-bodied. ;):lol: Have the two agouti ones got bald patches?

Btw, you said one is black - he looks pretty white to me though. :p :lol:

I'm useless with names so I won't be offended when you don't pick any of these:
Barney and Fred
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Timon and Pumba
Abbot and Costello
Batman and Robin *snort*
Mario and Luigi
It's a shame one really isn't black .... you could have had Black and Decker :lol:

Also, why do some of them have bald patches? I've never seen a gerbil with bald patches and I've had enough gerbils to populate a desert haha x

This is where they have been overgrooming, and/or biting at each other due to stress. There were 7 females in a 1.5 by 1 foot hamster cage, 6 males in a similar one and they were also fighting. Just came in last night.

Karen there is a black one but i mentioned hiim as i don't have a picture of him. The white one is one of the females who is being fostered ;)
Black and Decker :lol::lol:

Thanks for the name suggestions! All are noted. The females have been named by Debbie the fosterer!

Karen there is a black one but i mentioned hiim as i don't have a picture of him. The white one is one of the females who is being fostered ;)

Aaaaah, I see...... so now you can call them Black and Decker then.... aren't you pleased? :lol::lol::lol:

What did Debbie call the females?

Yes black and decker is in the running Karen :lol:

She called them.............. um (tries to remember) Aurora, Gemini - but she had to change it at my request lol as we have had a gemini, so its Gem. IM confusing myself now.

Start again lol. Aurora, Gem and um some other star type related name - oops can't remember. I shall find out though! :oops::lol:

This is where they have been overgrooming, and/or biting at each other due to stress. There were 7 females in a 1.5 by 1 foot hamster cage, 6 males in a similar one and they were also fighting. Just came in last night.

Oh, the poor little dears :( That's an awful way to keep gerbils >:|

How do animals even end up like that :(

It's heart breaking x

Back