• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To all people who have those half moon flower baskets as hay racks...

Dolly gets in regular hay racks too! :shock: Im thinking about using a half moon rack in their playhouse, but we'll have to see. Im so scared she gets her leg stuck or something :shock:

Dolly gets in regular hay racks too! :shock: Im thinking about using a half moon rack in their playhouse, but we'll have to see. Im so scared she gets her leg stuck or something :shock:

I worry about this too, but the holes in the baskets are much wider than the ones in the normal hay racks, so if they did get stuck, I think they would be able to get out of it much easier.

I had one of those folding manger type hay racks, and they used to always try and pull it off the wall :roll:

If you're using one of these line the inside with some mesh - just cable tie it to keep in place. That way they can still enjoy napping but no risk to limbs :)

Yes, Poppy does!
When I first looked out of the window and saw her she looked like she was floating in mid air :shock::lol:

If you're using one of these line the inside with some mesh - just cable tie it to keep in place. That way they can still enjoy napping but no risk to limbs :)

This is a fantastic idea :thumb: I have some mesh leftovers at my parents I think.

Yep, Salt and Pepper do.
DSCN1190.jpg

Pepper doing the death defying leap! There is a step for them the other side, but they prefer to leap from the hay rack.

Homer likes to sit in the hay rack too. I think he thinks that if he's sitting on the hay then Lexi can't eat it all!

I worry about this too, but the holes in the baskets are much wider than the ones in the normal hay racks, so if they did get stuck, I think they would be able to get out of it much easier.

I had one of those folding manger type hay racks, and they used to always try and pull it off the wall :roll:

:lol: I stopped using them for ages, then just last week started using them for treat hay as its so flippin expensive and i dont want ANY to go to waste :lol:...but Dolly still manages to perch on top/in it. Ive thrown them out now, they prefer a big pile in their litter box.

Still thinking about using one in the playhouse though, this one doesnt have squares, the metal is thicker and its just in bars. A bit like some of the horse hay mangers.

Back