• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't they bond?

:( We managed this but they never were officially together. :cry: When Tink woke up, I bet she gave Blossom a right nip. :( I had to split them up after I found Bloss covered in sore scabs even though I had slept in the same room as them, Blossom must have just allowed tink to bite her. :cry:

DSCF1263.jpg

I wonder what went so wrong as they look very relaxed together there :love:
It's such a shame - will you try again? xxx

yes I think I will but there's no way my parents will allow me to bring that wooden run in again. Where was your pen from? It looked great. :D x

It was from Amazon and only £20 (£25 with p&p)

I would happily loan it to you if you were close enough :(

This is the pen I had... and the seller,
but it looks like they only have the big one at the moment
Mine is 24x24 ..x 8 panels

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S24-prejoin...CC2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301438879&sr=8-2

Last edited:
I really think you should give it another go, but properly this time, just so you know for sure it wont work even if you do everything by the book? Worked for me :wave:

Did you take Blossom to the vet?

Unfortunately some buns just don't get on. If you really have tried everything and it hasn't worked then I'd have two pairs.:wave:

I can't remember exactly, but didn't you move them to the shed or make their pen bigger or something? I could be wrong, I can't really remember. But I think that often bonding doesn't work because their space is increased too quickly. When I bond mine I'm going to keep them in the same small size (4x2 or thereabouts, for 4 buns) for at least a week and then very gradually increase space every couple days by only one NIC cube at a time (the pen will be a C&C cage).

Did you take Blossom to the vet?

Unfortunately some buns just don't get on. If you really have tried everything and it hasn't worked then I'd have two pairs.:wave:

Not after the bonding that time because her bites were just scabs. When I attempted bonding the very first time, we asked the vet to check her over when they went for their VHD jabs but he said she was fine and we had to just let them heal. :wave:

I would have 2 pairs but Mischief, tink and jasper are so happily bonded. :(

Last edited:
Not after the bonding that time because her bites were just scabs. When I attempted bonding the very first time, we asked the vet to check her over when they went for their VHD jabs but he said she was fine and we had to just let them heal. :wave:

I would have 2 pairs but Mischief, tink and jasper are so happily bonded. :(

Keep a close eye on them. Bunny bites can get infected quite easily....and I'd also want pain relief if my bun looked hurt.

Could you get Blossom a friend? If not then I would go for two pairs as it's not fair on her. I'm sure they'd be just as happy as a two.:)

Keep a close eye on them. Bunny bites can get infected quite easily....and I'd also want pain relief if my bun looked hurt.

Could you get Blossom a friend? If not then I would go for two pairs as it's not fair on her. I'm sure they'd be just as happy as a two.:)

She found them when they were already scabs though so it probably wasn't painful at that point.

I wouldn't want to split up a happy trio :? while its not fair on her to be single, it also wouldn't be fair on the trio to split one of them up.

I wouldn't want to split up a happy trio :? while its not fair on her to be single, it also wouldn't be fair on the trio to split one of them up.

I wouldn't want to split a trio either, if they are happily bonded.

And as you did absolutely everything right with the bond, Emma, I'm not sure it would be different if you tried again, Blossom would probably still get picked on as it wasn't the way you bonded them it was just Tink wanting to show she's in charge.

I don't know what the best answer is, it's a difficult one. If there really is an option of Blossom having her own companion that would be the way to go. If that's not an option then :( I don't know what to advise. Maybe Blossom could be happy next to them but where Tink can't bully her.

I'm trying to find out if I can afford it. ;) It also depends on my parents. I would also have to find space for a massive 6 x 3 x 3 hutch to go as that's what my local RSPCA recommends. No room for a wendy house or another shed I'm afraid. :(

I can't split the 3 up, it's not fair, tink and mischief have been together since birth and jasper loves his girly. :lol:

The twins as babies :love:
TandM.jpg

A year ago
DSCF4222.jpg

When Tink met Jasper
DSCF4478.jpg

When Jasper bonded with Mischief
DSCF7808.jpg

Them now
DSCF7801.jpg

It wouldn't be fair on them to split up a strong bond. :(

aww I really think if you persevered you could make it work, from the look of that picture anyway :wave:

Can see that Jasper is the king of the castle - a very handsome one I may add. Sorry it didn't work out. If I were you I would go with my gut instinct on this.:wave:

It was from Amazon and only £20 (£25 with p&p)

I would happily loan it to you if you were close enough :(

This is the pen I had... and the seller,
but it looks like they only have the big one at the moment
Mine is 24x24 ..x 8 panels

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S24-prejoin...CC2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301438879&sr=8-2

thanks, I think I will have to buy one of those. :) What size is the smaller one? I've been needing some panels anyway to block off areas in the garden so that the bunnies can free range more freely. :lol: So it will come in handy after the attempted bond and hopefully I will be able to make it work! How's your four getting along? :love:

I really think if you stuck at it and made sure you montitored them strictly to not allow things to get out of hand, they'd bond. Remember it took me over 5 weeks to bond my four in the house.

thanks, I think I will have to buy one of those. :) What size is the smaller one? I've been needing some panels anyway to block off areas in the garden so that the bunnies can free range more freely. :lol: So it will come in handy after the attempted bond and hopefully I will be able to make it work! How's your four getting along? :love:

The one I have is the 24x24 x 8 panels and it makes up into quite a few useful shapes.

They're ok, no fighting or anything but they tend to be in their original pairs, and opposite ends of the hutch or run, I think I gave them too much space to quick so this weekend I might just put them back in the pen....and see if I can get them 'closer' xxx

I really think if you stuck at it and made sure you montitored them strictly to not allow things to get out of hand, they'd bond. Remember it took me over 5 weeks to bond my four in the house.

I live with my parents and they will only let me have the bunnies in the house for 1 week max. :( I might ask my dad to make a divider for the shed so that I can have them in a small space and then keep gradually making it bigger. Like what Lucy (puppyjess) had. :)

Back