• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow branches

tilly2484

Warren Scout
Can buns eat/chew willow branches. We have a huge willow tree in our new garden and someone said they could have them but wanted to triple check!

Just tried them with a couple of pieces! They totally love them!!! Will make sure i don't feed them a lot of them then :) x

Wish i had willow trees near me :(

I really want to try them (not me personally, but Ginger!)

They contain a mild pain killer effect, so are good for buns :)

Everything in moderation of course.

Aspirin comes from Willow ( not sure if it's from cracked/weeping or whatever), so I'm not sure of any effects on buns. But I give mine twigs from down the fields, and boredom breakers you can buy are made from willow too.

Aspirin comes from Willow ( not sure if it's from cracked/weeping or whatever), so I'm not sure of any effects on buns. But I give mine twigs from down the fields, and boredom breakers you can buy are made from willow too.

Willow twigs are proven to have a basic pain killer effect in buns :wave:

Will find my proof :lol:

Oh yeah my two LOVE willow branches ........ I started growing my own willow plant/tree last year just in a big tub in the garden but it never seems to get any bigger cos as soon as it gets a decent branch/twig, I snaffle it for the buns! :lol:

Oh yeah my two LOVE willow branches ........ I started growing my own willow plant/tree last year just in a big tub in the garden but it never seems to get any bigger cos as soon as it gets a decent branch/twig, I snaffle it for the buns! :lol:

What an excellent idea! We've only a small garden anyway but will definitely do this. I know willow roots easily from a twig so....:D

Nice one GrahamL, 'ts ok 'bout proof...:D

Back