• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flooring for a playhouse

has anyone used carpet tiles?

they currently live on fleece and are excellent with the litter tray apart from stray poos. i have lino tiles but Marley wont hop on them, im thinking about carpet tiles.

What do you think?

Hiya,yeah i had carpet tiles for mine and they were ok but a pain to get hair and hay off lol ,i just put hay on the floor now as mine are litter trained so dont wee on the floor :)

Hiya,yeah i had carpet tiles for mine and they were ok but a pain to get hair and hay off lol ,i just put hay on the floor now as mine are litter trained so dont wee on the floor :)

Id just hoover it :lol: Im terrified of spiders anyway, and their hutch would get hoovered out once a week last summer :oops:

Im guessing it would be no more difficult than fleece? I can take them out every now and again and give them a good clean. Im thinking of warmth and comfort for me too, when i have to sit in there with them. :lol:

I have some equine rubber matting - is very good for sore hocks too. I sweep it every couple of days & mop it at weekends & it dries well & protects the playhouse wooden floor:D

I bought 3 - £34 each, but you can get them cheaper online & probably wouldn't have to make your dad drive 15 miles cos you couldn't lift them out of the car:roll:

I have some equine rubber matting - is very good for sore hocks too. I sweep it every couple of days & mop it at weekends & it dries well & protects the playhouse wooden floor:D

I bought 3 - £34 each, but you can get them cheaper online & probably wouldn't have to make your dad drive 15 miles cos you couldn't lift them out of the car:roll:

Are they the same as these ones?

http://www.rubbermattinguk.co.uk/rubbermattingdetail.asp?m=8&p=29

I know some stable mats have different grooves and things in, some of which i would imagine arent very comfortable to stand on :shock:

They have some EVA stable mats on here, which is what i was using before, but Marley decided to start eating them after 3 months! :roll:

ETA: I dont want anything thats black either. Might sound ridiculous, but i cant see black bunnies on a black floor, especially in the dark!! :lol:

Last edited:
omg yes...i have merlin my black bunny..and freya my pitch black kitten and zuzu my black n white cat..in the dark or on a black backgorund like a duvet cover or furry fleece..i lose them:lol::lol:

is it not possible to get some cushion flooring with texture? you go the carpet shops and ask to buy cut offs of cushion flooring....its softer..and some are textured so not as slippy...and its warmer too. if my buns can master it and my mums bun who mum insists cant walk on lino or flooring only carpet....( she finds it fun to skid on the hall tiles and comfy on nikkis bedroom cushion flooring..the bathroom lino...and my carpets...:lol:

id be terrified of the rubber getting ingested:shock: or those rubber tiles would be a great idea.

Back