• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help! flooring?

janeblk

New Kit
I am getting my bunny's home ready for her and i am a first timer. I want to find flooring for her bunny condo that is easy to clean, that she wont get sick from chewing and what not. I have looked EVERYWHERE trying to get information on this, this is what ive heard from bunny owners so far..

Carpet: BAD! they will get sick

Plastic: bad too right? they cant chew on plastic plus its slippery

Wood: where do you find untreated wood? i've tried to look, most places don't have a clue if their wood flooring is untreated

Cardboard: my bunnies not potty trained yet (8 weeks) it would soak through

Newspaper or sawdust: this would probably confuse her when she's being potty trained

Tile: I'm afraid this would be bad too if she chewed on it, im not sure.

Grass mats: poop and pee gets stuck in them and you cant clean them..cant afford to buy replacements as often as her pen should be cleaned

PLEASE if anyone can suggest a bunny safe flooring and where i can get it I would really appreciate it!:D

We use lino in our bunnies hutch. We put wooden battons on top of it along any joins and in corners etc so that there are no edges for them to chew on.

I've heard of a few people using lino tiles too, as long as they're stuck down properly and bunny can't get to the edges to chew, it should be fine. :D

I have lino in my bunnies room (bedroom in the house). Then i have carpet offcuts over the lino. Carpet is only bad if the bunnies are chewers. Mine don't chew the carpet :)

I put lino down using double sided cushion floor tape, stuck down just fine, its the textured 'wood effect' so looks part of the hutch, they dont slip and its wipe clean :D

thanks!

thanks! Is there a certain type of wood i should get for the battons? is there wood that is toxic to bunnies?

Back