• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to prevent bunny boredom

whiskers

Warren Scout
I let Nyxie free roam about the house, but Aiden gets out of his cage for a few hours a day. They love to explore but that novelty seems to have worn off and now Nyxie just looks at me like, "Aren't you going to entertain me?" :lol: She loves training and being pet but please let me know what you guys do to prevent bunny boredom!
Also, plan to take them on walks with a harness through the back yard.
Any ideas? I don't want them to get depressed.

I let Nyxie free roam about the house, but Aiden gets out of his cage for a few hours a day. They love to explore but that novelty seems to have worn off and now Nyxie just looks at me like, "Aren't you going to entertain me?" :lol: She loves training and being pet but please let me know what you guys do to prevent bunny boredom!
Also, plan to take them on walks with a harness through the back yard.
Any ideas? I don't want them to get depressed.

Not sure if they deliver to the UK, but there are some fab toys on The Hay Experts, their website.

Also, the middle core bit of a toilet roll stuffed with grass and hay and some little treats is a great toy: they destroy that.

Boxes make brilliant games, and phonebooks (we have the Yellow Pages, is yours the White Pages or something?) are hours of destructive fun!

I made a good one for Biscuit and Badger: I got an empty box and a toilet roll middle, stuffed the toilet roll middle with fresh grass from the garden and hung it from the top of the box on the inside, so they had to knock it and get on their back legs to get the grass out :thumb: Hanging toys like that go down a storm with my two :thumb:

Back