• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussy eaters ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Maisey may be a fussy eater :?
She will only eat her pellets at night and not in the day
She doesnt eat cabbage or carrots

Would can i do ?
I nipped to tescos and bought every rabbit friendly fruit and veg i could find and pu it on a plate for her so I could find out what she preffers

Still nothing :?
Any suggestions ?

I would try her with some spring greens and see how she gets on with that. Also parsley and other herbs (excluding chives). Actually, carrot, pear and apple are best avoided (except as very occasional treats - and I don't offer pear at all) as they are sugary and can upset their tums (not good for teeth either).

My Spenser is a VERY fussy eater. In his case it is partly due to being spoilt - if he doesn't care for spring greens from Morrisons he knows his doting mummy will go to Tesco and buy him kale or rocket. :oops: Spenser also has a bit of trouble with his tooth roots, and this is probably contributing to his fussiness. Have your bunny's teeth been checked recently. Parsley tends to be popular with buns, although with Spenser it's a bit 50/50 whether he'll eat it. I tried him with basil, which I know is popular with many buns, but he was very disapproving. :roll:

My Spenser is a VERY fussy eater. In his case it is partly due to being spoilt - if he doesn't care for spring greens from Morrisons he knows his doting mummy will go to Tesco and buy him kale or rocket. :oops: Spenser also has a bit of trouble with his tooth roots, and this is probably contributing to his fussiness. Have your bunny's teeth been checked recently. Parsley tends to be popular with buns, although with Spenser it's a bit 50/50 whether he'll eat it. I tried him with basil, which I know is popular with many buns, but he was very disapproving. :roll:

yeah I only got her on sunday and she was from the RSPCA so she had a full health check ect :)

Did the SPCA place comment on her fussy eating? Maybe she's just taking a while to settle properly. I sometimes found that if I hovered waiting for Spenser to eat, he wouldn't ... then I'd leave him alone and he'd have a nom. Funny thing is he's the opposite with hay - muich more likely to eat it if I make encouraging movements.

Did the SPCA place comment on her fussy eating? Maybe she's just taking a while to settle properly. I sometimes found that if I hovered waiting for Spenser to eat, he wouldn't ... then I'd leave him alone and he'd have a nom. Funny thing is he's the opposite with hay - muich more likely to eat it if I make encouraging movements.

yes the RSPCA did say she wasnt keen on her greens or veg but had anibble on pellets now and then :)

It's not so worrying if she's always been this way. At least you have other buns to nom her leftovers - I've quite put myself off cabbage because Spenser will only eat the very dark outer leaves, and I am fed up eating the other bits. :roll: Actually cabbage can cause some buns digestive trouble, but he's always been fine ... until we get beyond the first three leaves.

Back