• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit friendly gardening! (minilop -help!)

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all (especially Lisa :D lol )

I am wanting to plant up my border at the weekend, I've never had a garden of my own to plant up before, so I'd like some advice. Beau bunny is gonna be going out in the garden when it gets warmer, so I'd like plants that are bunny friendly, but not that he's gonna be desperate to nom! I don't just want a list of bunny safe plants though - I'm on a pretty limited budget, but only have a small space to fill, about 1 1/2 ft by 8ft. And I'd like some suggestions/preferences as I literally have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Roses, lavender, nasturtiums, rosemary, marigolds (need to check which type - a thread I just looked at said NOT French Marigolds) :)

Last edited:
lavendar is cheap and bunny friendly though they will eat most things, also nasturtuims, and rosemary
crocosmias where listed in a gardening mag as rabbit proof and friendly, but they are not rabbit proof, every one of my bunnies has enjoyed them :lol:

lavendar is cheap and bunny friendly though they will eat most things, also nasturtuims, and rosemary
crocosmias where listed in a gardening mag as rabbit proof and friendly, but they are not rabbit proof, every one of my bunnies has enjoyed them :lol:

oooh, I lke the idea of a red/orange/yellow theme with nasturtiums and crocosmias. What else would go? :D

eta: ooh and marigolds! which ones are the non-french ones?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back