• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now kid's programmes are practically advertising buns as pets!

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Pheebs is watching Mr Tumble and they have buns and guinea's on with children holding them...
What a way to advertise pets to young children... wouldn't be surprising if children watching this will be begging parents for buns and piggies...
I guess because they're at the vets with them it's a teensy bit better...

Does no one remember when the cbeebies studio had two pet rabbits? Beebee and Bracken I think were their names. The hosts would go over to rabbits between the cartoons to show them, and give rabbit care tips. :shock:

I think it's good if they are giving the children (and parents!) the correct information. Children love small animals and always will, we shouldn't deny them the chance to have animals in their lives, otherwise where will the next generation of RU come from?

Advertising to children is fine in my book, after all its down to the parents to say yes or no. Its down to parents to look after the pets, its what we do. Although my eldest wants to help! Not sure she'd like all that poop cleaning! :lol:

My youngest wants a baby duck, chinchilla, raccoon and a remote control aeroplane, doesn't mean I am going to rush out and get one. :)

Back