• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

safe fruit branches for buns?

robynbyn

Warren Scout
hello all, i have 2 bunnies, a mini rex named bunbun and a mini rex mix named fluffy... they're fed lots of veggies, pellets on alternating days, hay everyday, and mullberry branches with the leaves and fruit still on on alternating days.. my question is that we are moving to a new house with citrus trees in the backyard, and i was wondering if the branches and leaves would be safe for the buns..they adore mullberry days, and i wont be able to get it for them once we move:(

i wouldn't like to think mine were eating from citrus trees to be honest
what about planting a blackcurrant bush, you can have the fruit.

we have a small apple tree in our garden the buns love the leaves and the sticks :) i always think about what they would find the the wild, i dont think they would come across a citrus tree so i wouldnt. xx

i live in florida in the us, so citrus trees are very popular..apple not so much:( i might just take a few cuttings from the mulberry and try to grow them...they tend to grow well here.

done a bit of searching, and citrus trees are fine to be fed.. im going to assume this means leaves too..before we move ill be erm.. "trimming" the mullberry bush in the apartment complex..lol i figure i can always store the branches to divy out as treats.

Back