• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New besotted bunny owner!! :)

Fonzy

Young Bun
Hi Everyone!!
I have just got a baby mini lop 7.5 weeks old, first bunny ever, have named him Fonzy!!! He is a house bunny lives in our living room in a big two level hutch and I have attached a pen on to it. Having a few issues with litter training - more so weeing. Have been putting his poo's in his litter tray but when I let him out he weed on our cream carpet! Is this something he ll get in time (only had him 3 days) any advice? Also what toys do your bunny's like? He's got a tube which he loves but the balls I got him dont seem to interest him? He's very funny and sprints and jumps round the living room when he's out!
Any advice on any aspect of bunnies will be much appreciated!! Thankyou :wave::D

Welcome to the forum:wave::wave:...Pics before any advice....(Blackmail!!!:lol::lol::lol:)

:wave:Hi

Litter training can take a while and sometimes it doesn't happen until they are neutered unfortunately!

Mine love to have toilet rolls stuffed with hay (and other treats like herbs, though fresh foods shouldn't really be given at such a young age) or just the toilet roll tube, they love to throw it around, ampty cardboard boxes are also fun to make tunnels and hidey holes from.

None of mine seem to like shop bought toys, they are happier with an empty cardboard box than they are with the thing that comes inside it :lol:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the little one

Hi thanks very much for advice :D I shall attempt to upload some photo's tonight! Quite a few are blurred tho as he moves soooo quick!
If I give him cardboard things will he eat it tho? It does sound fun for them tho!! xx

Thanks for advice and web site il shall try to make him some cardboard things tonight :D
One more thing, when is a bunny's active time? Hes currently laid out in the living room looks very relaxed, had a little run round 10 mins ago tho. Id just hate to think that he's bored!! And do they sleep with their eyes open? I havent seen him with his eyes shut at all yet?
Also he has not ventured upstairs in his hutch yet - does he not know what the stairs are?? Where he lived with mum was just one level before he came to us.
Thanks again - i am a worrier, i just love him so much!!:love: lol xx

Hello and welcome to RU

Re litter training he will get better as he gets older and getting him neutered when he is around 4 months old will also help

If I give him cardboard things will he eat it tho? It does sound fun for them tho!! xx

He might chew it and spit it out but if you see him start to eat and swallow it then remove it and try something else as it can cause blockages if a lot is eaten.

Thanks for advice!
He still has not ventured up the ramp to the upstairs bit of his hutch, do we need to show him the way?? Its a lovely big hutch, shame he's not using the top part!!

Thanks for advice!
He still has not ventured up the ramp to the upstairs bit of his hutch, do we need to show him the way?? Its a lovely big hutch, shame he's not using the top part!!

He maybe a little small at the moment and getting used to it, you could gently show him, im sure he'll get the hang of it in the end.

Welcome by the way! :wave:

Hello

Welcome to RU...

If you need any assistance in using the forum please feel free to PM me or any of the buddies who's names show in green.

Sarah
xx

Back