• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP- worried :$

i may be over reacting,(like i do alot)
but it's never happened before.

i was just out topping up their hay, and valentino went to go eat some hay and just as i was getting up i heard a sneeze, and looked and it was vali he sneezed about 5 times then rubbed his face, i checked and no snotty nose or anything..

im not sure if its normal or what? - ive never heard any of them sneeze, and it's getting warmer now so i don't think they are cold.

am i over reacting??

adviceee.....

I assume your hay is rather dusty :wave:

That happens with a lot of buns - just keep an eye on it :)

Harley used to sneeze quite a bit, so we changed brands of hay. Unless there's other signs of something being amiss, its most likely the dust or even small bits of hay irritating his nose :):

ohh, right:?
is their anything i can do to get some of the dust out of it?
or is one of the other kinds of hay from them less dusty?

Empty the bag onto a big open tarp and shake it up a bit, leave if for a while to settle, then place the hay back in the bag :)

Harley used to sneeze quite a bit, so we changed brands of hay. Unless there's other signs of something being amiss, its most likely the dust or even small bits of hay irritating his nose :):

it's the first time ive noticed it, none of them have sneezed before and i changed them onto hay4pets about a week or so ago, i used to buy bags of dust extracted hay before :$

Back