• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After reading sawdust thread this morning

Mrs Cullen

Alpha Buck
OH went a got some Bio cat litter which I have put in one of the litter trays and have left the other with a sawdust and hay on top. The new bio tray has been down ten minutes and Jacob is eating it. I have taken it away. SOOOO do I go back to sawdust and hay.:?

Have you tried something like Megazorb or Carefresh as an alternative? :wave:

I have read about Megazorb on RU and it sounds good, but if Jakes is eating bio litter he will eat that!

I am going to have to sigh up to our local newspaper (there must be one) so I can use that with hay!

I have read about Megazorb on RU and it sounds good, but if Jakes is eating bio litter he will eat that!

I am going to have to sigh up to our local newspaper (there must be one) so I can use that with hay!

Sorry I didnt know what Bio Litter was, but have just googled it and it sounds similar to Megazorb. Carefresh is bigger pieces compared to Megazorb - *might* be worth trying it? But yeah its not a good thing for him to eat it.
I take it he didnt eat the sawdust then?

Hope the hay on newspaper works for you. Do you get many free newspapers? We just use them and it seems to be just about enough. If you shred paper you could try shredded paper too? ETA: it wont be absorbable though so you may need to change it more frequently.

I use wood pellet cat litter from P@H they are hard pellets made from wood pulp with hay on top. Mine don't eat it and they normally eat ANYTHING, and it is about the same price as megazorb etc or it may be a bit cheaper, they often have it on offer :)

I use wood pellet cat litter from P@H they are hard pellets made from wood pulp with hay on top. Mine don't eat it and they normally eat ANYTHING, and it is about the same price as megazorb etc or it may be a bit cheaper, they often have it on offer :)

Thanks for the tip, might look into it, It gets pricey when you buy something use it once and can't use it again. going to donate the bio litter to the indoor cat next door in a mo!:roll:

I just use thick newspaper and then hay. I know it is difficult to get hold of enough newspaper ( particularly if you don't have one daily yourself) but do you think your neighbours would save theirs for you (or local nursing homes/hotels are pretty accommodating as otherwise they would have to recycle them).

Back