• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes For Storm Please

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
My beautiful girl Storm needs vibes. :cry:

I found her hunched up in her hutch. She's pressing her stomach to floor and looks like she's in pain. I've put her in the spare run on her own, but next to Billy, so I can see if she's pooping. Nothing yet. She's refusing all food, even her favourite dandelions.

She had some watercress for the first time last night, so it could be that. I've found some misshapen poops in her run with some hair in them, so it could be a hairball blockage.

Spoken to my vet and setting off shortly. :cry:

My beautiful girl Storm needs vibes. :cry:

I found her hunched up in her hutch. She's pressing her stomach to floor and looks like she's in pain. I've put her in the spare run on her own, but next to Billy, so I can see if she's pooping. Nothing yet. She's refusing all food, even her favourite dandelions.

She had some watercress for the first time last night, so it could be that. I've found some misshapen poops in her run with some hair in them, so it could be a hairball blockage.

Spoken to my vet and setting off shortly. :cry:

Yes she needs to see the vet immediately. This is classic abdominal pain from either bloat/stasis. Lots and lots of vibes xx

Thank you everyone. We're back from the vet, and I'm a little calmer than I was earlier! :oops:

The vet couldn't feel a blockage, but said she could feel gas. She doesn't think her gut has completely shut down. She had injections of Metacam and Metoclopramide (sp?), and I've got some Zantac to give her orally.

Nothing in or out yet, but she's had a sniff of the banquet that I've laid out for her! She's moving around and grooming herself, and generally looking a little less sorry for herself than she did earlier.

Fingers crossed! Tonight could be a long night!

Well I can't believe it! Storm's just scoffed a load of dandelion and bramble leaves! :) I'm so happy I could cry! :) She's flopped out again now, and while her tummy does look a bit large, it looks like a happy flop rather than a tummy pressing flop.

Wow, those drugs work fast! Or maybe it's all the vibes?! :wave:

Now we just need some poops!

We've had more nomming! Fresh and dried dandelions and brambles, some cabbage, rocket and even a few pellets! :D

Bring on the poops!

Pineapple!! When i thought Fiver had stasis (tummy pressing, hunching etc) i gave him pineapple and 15 mins later he was totally back to normal.
If you think its fur clogging her up then the pineapple breaks it up :)

Sending lots of nomming vibes her way!!

xx

Back