• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pics of your indoor buns beds please

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
Hey everyone,

im looking into getting a new bed for milly, shes an indoor bun and will have full access to her box room so will no longer be in a cage :) (providing my oh agrees)

Atm she has a box for her bed but would like to get her something new.

Any ideas?

Pics would be great! :wave:

What about those dog basket things from Wilkos?

My two dont use beds - i've bought dog ones, cat ones and all they do is hump the cushions and wee on them :roll:

They generally flop out on a bit of carpet in their outhouse - or the concrete floor. :lol: We have an old hutch with the doors removed that they use as a 'base' too.

My two use their massive litter tray as a bed. :roll: They have a indoor cage base as a litter tray as Bobby is so big.

Its taken me 2 years to get Marley to use a bed. Watch for her favourite place to flop and doze off. If my 2 were free range 24/7 then it would be under the coffee table. So they have one of Tracy's fleeces under there to snooze on.

Then in the pen 2/3 of it are normal pet fleece and 1/3 at the very end is either faux sheep skin or one of Tracy's fleeces. They like to sleep on those now :)

They have one of those soft kennel houses by Ancol but they only sit on top of it and go in it for a quick sniff or a poo.

You could get use a nice soft blanket until you know what she likes :) I like to mix things up once a week, but always put their bed, wether it be a box, fleece, mat pillow etc in the same place :)

Noah on his bed.
047-4.jpg

It was a freebie that came with the dog's biscuits. It is also the only one they haven't destroyed. Noah ripped the $40 bed I got them to shreds. :roll:

Noah on his bed.
047-4.jpg

It was a freebie that came with the dog's biscuits. It is also the only one they haven't destroyed. Noah ripped the $40 bed I got them to shreds. :roll:

Aww Noah, in another Carlo pose :lol: I swear they are brothers just diff colours

Hi :wave:
Ive made my own beds for my indoor buns, didnt want to risk spending alot on expensive beds just for them to shred them! :roll::lol:

I bought a double summer duvet, cut it into 4 squares and sowed the edges well. I actually did this originally when one of my buns had head tilt and I had to confine her to a padded cage as she was rolling so much :(

Anyway I now fold each square in half to make a rectangle. Max has 2 of them, one on top of the other with a fleece blanket over the top so its extra soft and cosy!:

113_0189.jpg

113_0177.jpg

Timmy and Mimis bed is in a wheely draw under my bed. Again they have 2 of the duvet squares covered with a soft fleece:

(Please excuse the stray poop :roll::lol:
113_0188.jpg

113_0173.jpg

A huge bonus its that the duvets hold up extremely well in the washing machine, even at 90 degrees :shock: And dry really quickly. I can easily take the fleeces off every day to shake off excess fur. And as you can see all my buns are very enamoured with their beds :love:

I hope that helps :wave:

My lops have a folded duvet with towels on that they sleep on at night... (pic is a bit old, the towels have been a recent addition, just so that the duvet doesn't need to be washed so often)

_IGP1652-vi.jpg

And a fleece blanket under a chair where they sleep during the day...

_IGP1654-vi.jpg

My lionheads have another blanket on the ottoman where they sleep at night and a fleece blanket on the floor where they sleep during the day...

_IGP1660-vi.jpg

They also like to sleep in their dog bed under their table...

_IGP1662-vi.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention Nutmeg's bed. It's an old cat litter tray with a towel...

_IGP1873-vi.jpg

Sometimes they both get in...

_IGP1671-vi.jpg

You can see the old yellow one in the first lot of pictures but I took that out and replaced it with this one when I found it cos it's slightly bigger and the edges are smoother.

Back