• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moving house

stranger23

Mama Doe
ok so were going to be moving house soon, whats the best way to make sure all the buns dont get stressed out as they are not just moving house with me but most are getting new hutches outside instead of C&C inside, the new house isnt to far away only about a 20 min car journey but i was wondering whats the best thing to do to keep the buns calm and happy thanks for any advice

Remember to bag up some of their litter and poops so you can transfer their smell with them in to their new litter trays and new hutches.

If they arent used to travelling in their carriers you can leave it in their run for several days before you are due to move, you could place a towel in it so it starts to get their scent on and place that in the new accommodation and for when they are travelling. Also place food or small treats in the carrier so they learn to associate it with good things.

Before they go in their hutches lay out their toys in a similar pattern to how they were set up indoors.

Might be a good idea to confine them to a small part of the hutch to begin with so they feel safe and get used to the new space, before letting them into the run or whatever the full set-up will be.

These are just off the top of my head :oops:

:wave: Hi

I have just moved house with my buns too. I was really worried, like you, but they have settled surprisingly well :D Having said that mine stayed as indoor buns so it was not as much of a change as your little uns will be having!

Keep them confined to a small ish area for the first couple of days to allow them to get used to the sights and smells of being outside. Keep them as quiet as possible and dont bother them too much during this time, altough if they are very attached to you let them know that you are still around and offer comfort if they need it.

Transferring some litter over is a fab idea, also keep their original bowls, toys, blankets etc so that they have some familiar tings around them.

Keep a close eye on their eating, pooping etc but Im sure they'll be fine. They seem like suc fragile creatues but Im surprised at how well mine have adapted to their new home :D The only one we're having problems with is Mimi who isnt keen on the wooden floor :( Hoping she'll get used to it soon tough :)

Good luck with the move :wave:

Thank you very much they will be traveling in boxes as i dont have enough plastic carriers so i will leave the boxes in for a couple of days and hope they dont eat through them in that time :oops:, they will be keeping their litter trays and bowls so that should help, i didnt know to keep them shut in for a few days so i will do that, its such a worry ive got loads of animals to move but i think the bunnies and the chameleon will be the hardest to get to settle again, im going to be like a yoyo as were having to move after OH work so will take things over at night then i will walk over during the day and put it all away then take more stuff in the evening etc going to be a long month but at least we have a month to get everything moved out and the old house spotless so we get our deposit back

Back