• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do about Crumpet

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I'm not sure :cry:

Muffin passed away last night. She has said her goodbyes and groomed him and laid with him, but she has never been alone. :cry:

She is still eating and drinking fine as normal.

A part of me wants to bond her with Woody (she is 5yrs, he is estimated at 6+)

Another part of me says "let her go to an experienced home to be with a new friend" as she came in with bad fear aggression, but this has solved itself, thanks to Muffins affection for her.

Though the second option- there is no time limit. She could end up alone for months, and that, I believe, will make her behaviour worse. :(

I think bonding her with Woody is a good idea-then neither would be lonely:)
-that is of course if they like each other.
sue:wave:

they sound like they may make a good pair as you say Woody is sweet-natured
and Crumpet is timid.

You could offer Woody the special care a blind bunny needs.

do take time to think about it though, as its early days for both you and Crumpet. (Glad Crumpet is eating).
sue x

Last edited:
Is that going to be viable Kris?

I know woody has health issues - and with his blindness, is bonding him going to be viable at all?

Just throwing ideas out there, and questions, you know them better than anyone :)

Is that going to be viable Kris?

I know woody has health issues - and with his blindness, is bonding him going to be viable at all?

Just throwing ideas out there, and questions, you know them better than anyone :)

That's exactly what I want to know and find out Gray, I just want the best for both of them :)

To my knowledge, blindness is all woody has wrong with him. His bloods (thankfully) came back relatively normal.

I am unsure of the bonding situation, he is fine with other bunnies close by etc and doesn't take all that much notice, but I do think he is lonely.

That's exactly what I want to know and find out Gray, I just want the best for both of them :)

To my knowledge, blindness is all woody has wrong with him. His bloods (thankfully) came back relatively normal.

I am unsure of the bonding situation, he is fine with other bunnies close by etc and doesn't take all that much notice, but I do think he is lonely.

Perhaps that might be an idea :)

Is Muffin a housebun, or outside bun, and is Woody the opposite of whatever Muffin is in this situation?

Sorry, my heads a bit squiffy so this post might read a bit funny!

If Woody is otherwise healthy, i think its a worthwhile try, if Woody isn't a 'jumpy' blind bun, if you see where im coming from? You know his behaviour :)

If you think its possible, i'd seriously try for it. 2 lonely bunnies, 1 possible bond - theres only one route i can see :)

It's Crumpet I was looking to bond with Woody, Muffin died Sunday night :cry:

She is currently a housebun, as Woody would need to be a housebun due to his sight (or lack of I should say)

Woody is so laid back it is unreal!
He is currently asleep across my lap :love:

Bailey is blind and wasn't too awkward to bond. The first girl was a bit to active for him and made him nervous with her eratic behaviour but with a more laid back girly he was fine. In fact he has two lady buns.

It's Crumpet I was looking to bond with Woody, Muffin died Sunday night :cry:

She is currently a housebun, as Woody would need to be a housebun due to his sight (or lack of I should say)

Woody is so laid back it is unreal!
He is currently asleep across my lap :love:

Kris, im really really sorry. This is waht not sleeping does to your mind. My typo has caused upset, im really truly sorry :(

If Crumpet is ready to accept a partner, id say go for it :)

Kris, im really really sorry. This is waht not sleeping does to your mind. My typo has caused upset, im really truly sorry :(

If Crumpet is ready to accept a partner, id say go for it :)

It's okay, I guessed that is what must have happened :)

Thank you Amy, I think I will give Crumpet until next weekend, and then try and bond. As she is still eating and drinking, I want to give her some time to come to terms with what has happened, rather than push her too soon.

I'm sorry about Muffin. I would probably go for the bond, Joejoe is blind in one eye and I know thats different to being completely blind but it never caused any issues in bonding him with Jess, in fact I think she helps him out alot ao they work well together as a couple.

I always find that bonding totally blind rabbits is easier than bonding partially sighted rabbits who can only see movement and light/dark. these are the ones that tend to be aggressive and difficult to bond as they are not sure whats happening around them.

So sorry to hear about Muffin :cry: I bonded a partially sighted bunny recently - it wasnt an easy bond but we got there in the end, he kept lunging at the female bunny as he didnt realise she was there until she moved. To see them now though you would think they have never been apart :) Its worth a try for both Woody's and Crumpet's sake :) xx

Back