• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UGH!! Cat attack, No it was just a scuffle. UD::::::

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Jack and Lucky were outside I was in the living room for 15 minutes, and when I went to check on them there was fur every where in the garden. I checked on them they were quiet, they're inside now..
They're not harmed that much but Lucky has a scratch on his ear I put sudocrem on it.
I can't prove its a cat as I never saw it when I saw the fur, but I saw one at 3 I believe that was a warning!! The scratch on lucky was thick not deep I hopr it heals well.
I need to do something serious to deter the cat, any recommendations?
Please send spare vibes for both Jack and Lucky:(
:cry:
P.s I didn't let them out in the garden at night intentionally they sneaked outside when the door was open.I went to check the dining room/kitchen couldn't find them so checkrf garden! D:

Last edited:
aww poor things. :( Guess you will have to watch them when they are free ranging then. Maybe they had a fight? Even bonded buns can have a scuffle.

After I bought them inside they were snuggling together on the sofa in the kitchen, they smelled each other then flopped out, I hate that cat I think its stray because I saw its babies its uneutered ovbiously and is increasing in numbers!
I want to contact a cat rescue or something!

After I bought them inside they were snuggling together on the sofa in the kitchen, they smelled each other then flopped out, I hate that cat I think its stray because I saw its babies its uneutered ovbiously and is increasing in numbers!
I want to contact a cat rescue or something!

contact cats protection ;)

isn't cat bacteria dangerous for bunnys?

if your bun was scratched by a cat, he needs to go to the vet
a member on here lost a bunny through what seemed like a minor scratch from a cat :(

Whilst I walk to the end of my road to the bus stop I allways see this cat crawled up probably a stray, the cat I saw probably has grand children.
If I contacted cats protection they wouid have to set lots of cat traps.

isn't cat bacteria dangerous for bunnys?

if your bun was scratched by a cat, he needs to go to the vet
a member on here lost a bunny through what seemed like a minor scratch from a cat :(

Can someone verify this??
If yes I'll try and go to the vets tomorrow after school with my dad.

Whilst I walk to the end of my road to the bus stop I allways see this cat crawled up probably a stray, the cat I saw probably has grand children.
If I contacted cats protection they wouid have to set lots of cat traps.

Errrrr how about putting some posters up first to check it isn't someones cat?

Why does it look like a stray?

Cat rescues won't just randomly come and take a cat away, you need evidence that it is either definately a stray or it is poorly and evidently not being treated by anyone.

CPL will often knock on neighbours doors to double check in my experience.

:wave:

Can someone verify this??
If yes I'll try and go to the vets tomorrow after school with my dad.

Any animal scratch is potentially dangerous but it's rare to cause a fatal infection.
Any animal scratch could cause an abscess though.

It needs a good clean with either salt water or an anti bacterial solution like hibiscrub.

Then just keep an eye on it. If it becomes red or swollen take the rabbit to the vet.

:)

It looks very ill and thin doesn't look like it has owners in my opinion it does look like a stray but that's not the only stray as the cat that I saw today looked stray and had so many babies I saw small kittens with same patterning walk cross a shed roof from my bedroom window.

It could be elderly or have an underlying illness like kidney failure.

You should leaflet all the houses or knock on peoples doors and ask if they own either of the cats and the kittens before you call in a cat rescue organisation.

If you find that the mum and kittens has an owner, CPL will give a voucher to get her and the kittens (when old enough) neutered.

If you find that none of them have owners, they will usually neuter and return to site unless they have space or feel they can definately rehome the cats.

If you find that the ill looking cat has an owner, ask if he is on any treatment as you thought he looked quite poorly and see what they say.

:)

Sounds to me more like theyve had a bit of a scuff between themselves.. It does happen even with bonded buns... then next minute theyre all loved up again

Sounds to me more like theyve had a bit of a scuff between themselves.. It does happen even with bonded buns... then next minute theyre all loved up again

I think this is true :)
I think they had a scuffle yay !!!!
No need to worry much nw:wave:
Thanks

Still no evidence it was a cat, it's just an assumption. At this hour it could have been a number of things.

How are they this morning? Have you given them a good check over in case of any more wounds? You need to be vigilant for any abcesses that might develop under the skin over the next few days. Might be worth a trip to the vets just in case. I hope they are okay.

It was just a scuffle, I saw some fur scattered in their run aswell, when I went to check on them before going school.
They were lying down together in their litter tray :?
Im going to clean their run when I come back from school, and neutralise everything. :(
Why would they scuffle?"!!"

It was just a scuffle, I saw some fur scattered in their run aswell, when I went to check on them before going school.
They were lying down together in their litter tray :?
Im going to clean their run when I come back from school, and neutralise everything. :(
Why would they scuffle?"!!"

They are newly bonded, could of been a dominance scuffle :wave: Just bottom bun saying "i want to be top bun" etc

They are newly bonded, could of been a dominance scuffle :wave: Just bottom bun saying "i want to be top bun" etc

Yea probably
Thanks,

I'm making them indoor rabbits for a month, going to move their run inside the dining room :]
I have to move our massive dining table from the dining room into the kitchen, both rooms are joined so its kool..
Our kitchen is quite big so its ok.
The runs going to be in a corner of the dining room.
;)

Last edited:
Back