• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is the hay situation ever going to improve??

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know when the next lot of hay is generally going to be available?

I am getting fed up with struggling to find enough for the bunnies :( I feel really bad that they aren't getting enough but I have to be so strict with it as I just can;t get the amount I want.

I ended up paying £80 last month instead of the usual £50 ( which is still more than it used to be) and now thats nearly gone. I rang the people I got it from and they have completely run out now so have nothing for April. They are going to try a few people and get back to me next week.

I now have 3 small bales left and i usually use 3 bigger bales each week :(

my supplier is buying in the huge bales and rebaling into smaller ones to keep customers going , I was paying £3 a bale ,its now gone up to £4.

No problem here either.. Im lucky though I buy 150 bales a time for my horse so always have supplies for bunnies.

TBh I don't really care about the price although obviously it makes things harder the higher it gets. I just need a regular supply.

the problem is I have very little space for storage so ideally need a few bales delivered every week :(

I get big bags this size (this bag is half full)

obv rabbit not included, naughty tils !
183968_1907757372278_1192116864_2310229_7708508_n.jpg

for £4:50 go through about 2 ever 10-14 days xx

i bought a bale last week and it was still 2010 hay.. not sure when they cut hay each year to know when the 2011 stuff is ready tho :?

TBh I don't really care about the price although obviously it makes things harder the higher it gets. I just need a regular supply.

the problem is I have very little space for storage so ideally need a few bales delivered every week :(

Do you know any horsey people you may be able to buy a few from?

I just checked back to find a thread I started last year when hay was running short - it was the end of June when the new bales were available, so still a few mths to go yet. :(

I haven't bought hay in a while as I get 2 bales at a time to save myself an extra trip, but the price was still the same and they seem to have a good supply. I'm due a trip there soon though, so I hope that's still the case. :?

If the worst comes to the worst I'll have to buy some expensive stuff online, but it must be a nightmare for people like you Liz, who have so many bunnies. :(

My suppliers are still getting on fine getting hold of hay. Though the price has been steadily going up nearly every time I go there, though last time it went down by 25p :lol: It's £6.75 now I think.

Back