• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling all house bunny owners...

Evangeline

Warren Veteran
Please may you post pictures of your setups.
I need to see that you can have setups where your buns are inside and happy without being stuck in a tiny cage. :)

photo_66.jpg

photo_73.jpg

and that's it. They are total free range so no cages or pens at all :)

xxx

Oscar free ranges all the time, with a cage as his base (that he's hardly ever in now!)

P1000326.jpg

Also have a lot more boxes and a tunnel and tent now where he sleeps all the time :) That's the front room but he also has constant access to the dining room, and the stairs when we are here.

I find it most effective to velcro them together ;):lol: just kidding. But I have the five downstairs

DSCI0809-1.jpg

The lops are upstairs in this room now, you can see the bunny proofing in this one (Zero and Lucy are downstairs now)

DSCI0441-1.jpg

And bunny proofing around the TV. Lilith and Max alternate between rooms at the minute but hopefully going to do some bonding soon.

DSCI1099.jpg

tils is free range from 6am-often untill 1am-2am

189270_1926856089734_1192116864_2344466_3062526_n.jpg

the cage looks small but its not lol
183104_1926855529720_1192116864_2344465_8017898_n.jpg

Last edited:
Their current setup - it's 6.5 x 4.5 feet and they are in it overnight and from about 8-5 3 days a week - they free range the rest of the time.
100_0743.jpg

100_0746.jpg

They will shortly be getting a third level so they can look out of the window! We also tentatively discussed this weekend removing the pen and leaving them access to the landing 24/7, but OH has yet to be persuaded!

Brilliant set ups everyone :) everyones buns are so lucky.

I'm just trying to get ideas of how I want to put Pierre when I get my new place.
Those that have used the fencing where did you get it from and how much?

Can't remember where ours was from - somewhere online - it was around £50 for 8 panels. You can definitely get uncoated silver ones for less - I think £20/£30 for 8 panels.

eric has his food tray and dish, water bowl and extra hay box in front of the fire. his litter tray is under a small lamp table. thats it:)

he sleeps at my feet, next to his food or under the futon when i'm not around.

esme has the 5' kitchen table as her hidey hole/hovel. her climbing,digging,food and litter stuff is under there (ish!) but she's free range of the kitchen/diner and garden when i'm supervising:)

P160111_0209.jpg

he free ranges for most of the day as well. he's put in the pen when my son is eating (or he'd feed him lol) when i'm asleep, if i am out of the house or if i have guests.
other than that he roams free :)

I find it most effective to velcro them together ;):lol: just kidding. But I have the five downstairs

DSCI0809-1.jpg

The lops are upstairs in this room now, you can see the bunny proofing in this one (Zero and Lucy are downstairs now)

DSCI0441-1.jpg

And bunny proofing around the TV. Lilith and Max alternate between rooms at the minute but hopefully going to do some bonding soon.

DSCI1099.jpg

i dont come on that often for long lately, due to time and family ect.....but......it has just tickled me on the amount of buns youve accumilated! :lol:

Indoors:

LOPS:

Main area - litter tray in the corner
_IGP1655-vi.jpg

Other side of the bed - duvet that is now covered with towels as mine are a bit messy with cecals :roll:
_IGP1652-vi.jpg

This is where they like to sleep during the day - they also use the chair to get on my bed along with the ramp shown in the first picture
_IGP1654-vi.jpg

Tunnel under the bed:
_IGP1658-vi.jpg

Food storage in the wardrobe:
_IGP1653-vi.jpg

LIONHEADS:

This has moved around slightly since this pic was taken but has all the same things in - food storage in the ottoman
_IGP1660-vi.jpg

Their cosy place under the table and hay storage on top
_IGP1662-vi.jpg

Outdoor run:

Always used with supervision, have netting for the untarped area
_IGP2122-vi.jpg

Ahh schuette you've showed me your set up before, love it.
Do you have your buns outside much? Are they mainly house buns?

Radish lives in our living room and is in the dog crate and run combo from when we are at work during the week but free ranges downstairs when we are home. The dog crate is 48" and the pen takes up a considerable amount of space which I think is about 3 foot by 4 foot with the 4 foot by 2 foot crate added. So I have no idea how much space that makes. :lol:

IMG_1936-1.jpg

IMG_1935-1.jpg

Waffle has her own room. The space looks small but is about 3 foot by 7 foot at the moment. When the bed is gone she will get the whole room.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

As you can see she has enough space to run as she is blur in one photo. :lol:

Ahh schuette you've showed me your set up before, love it.
Do you have your buns outside much? Are they mainly house buns?

They go out for a few hours when it's warm and sunny out and the grass is dry. I've been alternating. One pair one day, the other the next. The lionheads went out today but wouldn't settle for some reason so they were only out for about 30 minutes.

Lola & SiDney's room
DSC00717.jpg

The hide out - note; door removed they DO NOT get locked in there!
DSC00715.jpg

Free range of the entire flat during the day - with exception of bathroom!
DSC00821.jpg

Lots of Toys
DSC00932.jpg

stans set up is just my house but he has a litter tray in corner of dinning room and dog bed next to radiator and toys all over:)

Back