• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be okay

rabbitz123

Warren Scout
so my dad getting really fed up of pheabea free ranging in our garden as she nibbling all the plants its okay in the winter as she mows down the grass but theres no plants to eat but as its spring we are thinking of investing in a rabbit run

I was saving up for an 6ft x 2ft rabbit hutch with an attached run however im saving up and my parents want me to buy one soon ish
Is it okay to buy an 6ft x 2ft run now to use then when i can save up for an hutch just get an 6ft x 2ft hutch (when i get this hutch ive got my eye on a partner for pheabea in a rescue near me feel in love with him) as the one i have now is 5ft and was ment to be temporary

She will put her in this run for a hour in the morning then after school i will be there to watch her so she does not excape then at night and when im at school i would put her in her hutch
also is this okay for my rabbit i will get a wooden shelter to go inside this run
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-PUPPY-RAB...1?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item27b95575af

I have this run attached to my bunnies hutch in the garage. Personally, I wouldn't put my bunny in it outside. The cover leaves gaps and I would be worried other animals would get in or the bunny would jump out. I would worry it is not secure enough. Zooplus did have some other metal runs which looked more secure for outdoor use so you could have a look on their website:D

updateish

i had a word with my parent and i ask for an 6ft hutch and run combo however my dad has decided he want to make me the run and stick the hutch on top well make it ourselves my question is can you extend all ready made rabbit hutches so that they are 6ft ?

You can't use it unattended. You MUST watch then at all times if they are out in that sort of run. Also that is quite small.

Your dad might not agree with this but...why fence the bun when you can fence the plants??

If you watch her closely when she's out, you'll find that she'll chew certain plants more than others. We used to just put fine mesh around the stuff we didn't want munching, which was mainly smaller plants. We also put anything delicate in pots so when they were out we could put them up high and out of buns reach.

Maybe my parents were a bit soft, but buns really won't eat EVERYTHING and lots of plants can cope with a bit of nibbling and grow back.

xx

Back