• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

somebody define a rex for me

just had some doofus on preloved try to tell me the term Rex just refers to a standard rabbit,any rabbit and if it has velver fur its a chinchilla rex....grrrrrr

Apparently her vet confirms that.

just had some doofus on preloved try to tell me the term Rex just refers to a standard rabbit,any rabbit and if it has velver fur its a chinchilla rex....grrrrrr

Apparently her vet confirms that.

The fur of the Standard Rex rabbit should be between 1/2 and 7/8 an inch in length (1.3-2.2 centimeters) and have a dense and plush texture that is often described as “velvety.” The fur is often very dense and plush because of its short guard hairs and stands almost perpendicular to the skin.[3] The rex mutation also causes the fur to curl in certain areas, but this curling is rarely visible with the exception of areas where the fur is longer, such as behind the ears.[3] The Standard Rex is a medium sized rabbit with a commercial, round body and an ideal weight range of 7.5-10.5 pounds (3.4-4.76kilograms), although females can weigh as much as 10.5 pounds.[4] The Standard Rex has a slightly broader head than other breeds of rabbit, proportionate and upright ears as well as toe nails that match the color of its fur. As with most larger breeds, the female (doe) has a dewlap, a large flap of skin under the chine

that is the breeders def of a rex post that to them. They are great rabbits so loving

Yep a rex has to have that short coat, although you can get certain types of rex that have a curly or wavy coat rather than a velvety one. My Harleys just a regular cross breed but for weeks after moulting he has a full rex coat

Back