• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try again?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may remember my posts last year when I tried to bond my two pairs into a four.

For those that didn't here's a quick summary! Got on really well initially, then they got into the lionheads' old room that hadn't been neutralised and Mini ripped a hole in Nutmeg fur. Once Nutmeg had recovered I tried again (Smudge had remained with the lops) and it was more tense but seemed to be going ok until Nutmeg randomly kept attacking Mischa.

In the past I've bonded Nutmeg with the lops (before I got Smudge) and they got on quite well. So I know it is possible. That time I'd put them together for an hour a few times and then in their new accommodation. I'm just wondering whether to try this again or if I should just give up on this idea. I would do it in the downstairs bathroom which no rabbit has been in before. The only other space is the kitchen but it's just too small and has three doors in it, one being an external door.

The pros would be that they would have more space indoors, could go in the outdoor run every day as a four and Smudge seemed a lot more settled with the lops so he might not go into stasis so much.

The cons are that I could end up with Nutmeg as a lone bunny (though tbh I'm not sure she would mind this :?) and if Smudge does go into stasis it would be harder to keep track of in and out!

It is possible, Harvey and Zero used to tear each other apart but now they love each other. Just increase space really really slowly and you should be fine :wave:

I know it's not the answer you're looking for but only you can judge what's best for your bunnies.

Personally I think I would go for it but that's because I wouldn't like to have two different groups of buns if I could help it.

if it was me I would give it a go again .. & I have, I am slowly building back up to my group of 11, though I don't know if I will ever get there, I am up to a group of 8 & a group of 3 now :D

now the last time I tried to bond my lot Sonny, Storm, Xander & Smokey cause all the probs, the worse being Smokey, then Storm, then Xander, then Sonny,

so I started with adding Xander & Krystal to the 4 (Sonny, Spike, Anya & Rose)

& that went AMAZINGLY, so I left them for a few months to settle, then just in the last 2 weeks I have added STORM & Magic to the 6, & now they are going AMAZINGLY, (see my siggy :love:)

now I just have the trio, who I know will cause the most probs, so I don't know if I ever will try them, & if I do it won't be for a long while yet :)

wether as the last ime I just added all the groups together, & as you's will know that ended in disaster, so I think the slowly slowly approach is working MUCH better for my lot :love:

sorry for my total ramble :oops:

Whenever I mention it to my parents they look at my like I've gone mad. :?:lol:

If I do it, I'm gonna have to do the date method. Last time it felt like I was continually watching them for months and I just think Nutmeg needs the rest, the break from it, otherwise she goes into stressy overdrive and then associates the other rabbits with that stress.

I've had a think in the bath. I'm going to do it but not over spring/summer. I did that last year and basically missed summer. I'm always iller in winter anyway so I'm going to do it then when I'll be indoors not feeling up to going anywhere anyway.

Back