• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you vaccinate? Poll

Do you vaccinate?

• Yes - I have indoor rabbits

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • Yes - I have outdoor rabbits

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • No - I have indoor rabbits

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No - I have outdoor rabbits

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I would but i have a compromised Rabbit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twisted_angel

Warren Scout
With all the talk of vaccinations i wondered how many of you do and how many of you dont. Poll is private so no one can see how you vote.

Just thought it would be interesting to see.

I think most, if not all people who are able to on here vaccinate. It is very important and buns left unvaccinated are very at risk catching the diseases. Round where I live is a very bad area for myxomatosis and all my freinds/relavtives rabbits who were unvaccinated caught and died from it, it is very distressing to see :( Both indoor and outdoor rabbits are at risk of both myxi and VHD and they don't need to have direct contact with wild rabbits to catch either disease.

yes i vaccinate.
although will honestly admit that since snowball is an indoor bun, i at first didnt see the need so wasn't going to bother.

I agree and mine are done and being done but i was just interested to see how many do and dont. :) I am nosey and inquisitive like that :lol:

yes i vaccinate.
although will honestly admit that since snowball is an indoor bun, i at first didnt see the need so wasn't going to bother.

This, I didn't see the point to start with, but then I decided I could never live with myself if Oscar got ill because I wanted to save £40...

Yes, all four stinkies are indoor bunnsters, but get to play on the grass in a run during summer / dry and warm days.

Yeah. I don't think the risk is really any less when they're indoors really so I'd rather be safe than sorry

My are indoors and get vacinated. It's not so much them going out that would be the problem, but I don't know what I'm bringing in! xx

My 2 rabbits were vaccinated against myxi at the rescue they were from and I've been savings up to get them vaccinated against VHD for the past couple of weeks and I now have enough so I'm hopefully getting them vaccinated some time this week :)

All my rabbits (indoors and outdoors) get both vaccinations. We generally get the VHD done first, and the Myxi one 3 weeks later. Vet is coming out this week to vaccinate my 15 latest bunnies - I have 27 in at the moment. I will leave the pregnant doe until she has had her babies, before she is vaccinated.
We also neuter all rabbits (or if they are rehomed prior to neutering, we ask the new owner to get this done asap, and pay for the operation if need be).

I have 2 outdoor buns and 2 indoor buns,one of which is compromised.
I vaccinate 3...if Lily is well enough, she will be included if my vet sees fit.
Myxi due next week.VHD due October.

I guess I do. They get one myxi vacc. a year. I'd rather not though, I hate the thought of putting it in their system.

I don't do my dogs or cats though.

I have all 6 vaccinated against myxi and VHD :)
They are all outside buns but I would still do it if they were indoors ones as well :)

Back