• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelions near a road?

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
I've got hundreds of dandelions growing outside my flat, they are out the front near the road but unfortunately there are none out the back which is a shame. I've heard that they shouldn't be given to bunnies if they are growing near roads, is this correct? I presume it has something to do with car fumes?

They're not on the curb grass, they're in a low walled garden between my flat, the pavement and then the road and I would of course give them a good wash. It seems such a shame if I can't, as there are so many of them.

correct, chemicals and fumes etc will be on the ones by the road, i would never risk it :wave:

Do you have any fields or woods near you, where you could go and pick a load?

i'm no expert but if they aren't right on the road side and they are washed i would think its ok as it is a walled garden.

i might just be worried they had been sprayed with weedkiller or something though.. if you know whose garden could you ask?

sorry, i've not been much help at all. :?

They are communal gardens and I don't think the gardeners do any weed killing in the garden out front, hence the abundance of dandelions and daisies etc. there are none out the back which is where the gardens are much better looked after, not even one dandelion in sight there :(

It is very pretty out in the front garden for once though, so maybe I'll leave them there as they are nice to look at and I'll go find somewhere else to look for them. There are some woods down the road, so maybe I'll go for a walk later. It's probably better to be safe than sorry.

Back