• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matildas shock baby arrival!!!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
so after not even knowing she was pregnant or tht she even had a chance of being pregnant, i was very in total shock when i found this in her cage this morning! Took advice from some fab people on here as what to do and feel alot calmer now!!

189533_1974379357786_1192116864_2424222_5887773_n.jpg

196422_1974383237883_1192116864_2424237_4218716_n.jpg

only 1 baby! x

Last edited:
Please make sure NOT to use the flash around babies, as it can damage their eyes, just in case you didnt know :)

I love the look of baby buns :love:

Please make sure NOT to use the flash around babies, as it can damage their eyes, just in case you didnt know :)

I love the look of baby buns :love:

oo okiess thanks, the flash wasn't on cos it was in nateral light but thanks for letting me no!! :)

they dnt look like rabbits tho! more like baby dogs aha they feel off like wriggling inside the skin :/ x

Wow! But that baby must come from somewhere!
Did you think Matilda was spayed? And you must have an entire male too... wo do you think is daddy? :love:

Wow! But that baby must come from somewhere!
Did you think Matilda was spayed? And you must have an entire male too... wo do you think is daddy? :love:

no shes not spayed yet, the dad has to be smartie as he is the only male inside the others are outside, matilda lives in my room and Smartie is in for the winter

and the baby is stripy like a zebra and looks like smartie pants!

Wow that must have been a shock! :shock:

yhh just abit ha! worried about tilda tho, shes seems to be wet constantly, its like wee :/ some people have sed she needs the vets but surly stressing her out more by taking her to the vets is a bad idea, i would of thought abit of mess after would be normal as things get bk to normal, she was doing it about 2 days before she had it to, but then again she could have 2 seperate litters! :/

am stuck as wot to do for the best atm

migh just see how she is tomoz and maybe ring the vet and see wot he suggests

yhh just abit ha! worried about tilda tho, shes seems to be wet constantly, its like wee :/ some people have sed she needs the vets but surly stressing her out more by taking her to the vets is a bad idea, i would of thought abit of mess after would be normal as things get bk to normal, she was doing it about 2 days before she had it to, but then again she could have 2 seperate litters! :/

am stuck as wot to do for the best atm

migh just see how she is tomoz and maybe ring the vet and see wot he suggests

I would really like to stress she NEEDS a vet, dead babies can decompose really quickly if stuck inside mum, which will cause infections. PLEASE take her to the vet, I seriously wouldn't wait.

After Isla gave birth there was no evidence she had even had the babies

I agree - vets straight away.

I've never had a bunny litter but I always thought that a healthy problem free delivery would result in everything being clean and dry after Mummy bunny had done a bit of 'clearing up'. Being wet before and after doesn't sound normal at all.

You could save her life by taking her and if the vet says everything is ok, you've only lost a few quid - definitely worth it

Will ring the vets today!! But do I risk stressing her out by taking her? As she may turn on the baby or should she be okay!

Following giving birth there is usually no discharge, if there is there is a problem and she will need to see the vets, failing to do so could result in the mum loosing her life or becoming so ill she will be unable to look after the baby.

Taking her to the vets whilst leaving the baby at home would be the best option in the long run to prevent the baby getting injured or trampled on.

It would also be advisable to get the male booked in to be neutered ASAP.

Let us know how you get on.

Following giving birth there is usually no discharge, if there is there is a problem and she will need to see the vets, failing to do so could result in the mum loosing her life or becoming so ill she will be unable to look after the baby.

Taking her to the vets whilst leaving the baby at home would be the best option in the long run to prevent the baby getting injured or trampled on.

It would also be advisable to get the male booked in to be neutered ASAP.

Let us know how you get on.

my mum rang the vet this morning, it was the horrible vet on grr she seemed to think discharge is not uncommon after pregnancy, an she thinks its just matilda not cleaning herself up ! x

Is it unusual for bunnies to just have one baby? I would be worried about others stuck in her womb - if she were mine I would take her down for a once over from the vet just to be sure..

Is it unusual for bunnies to just have one baby? I would be worried about others stuck in her womb - if she were mine I would take her down for a once over from the vet just to be sure..

yhh well got told from here, its uncommon but not unheard of! x

Back