• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants and normal sized buns?!

Tinybub

New Kit
Hi everyone, quick question really, can giant rabbits and normal size buns live happily together?! Or can problems be caused because of the size difference.

Size doesn't normally make any difference. I had a small dwarf lop with a NZW. They loved each other until The lop, Flipflop died. :(

I have a frenchie with a minilop, little tan and a medium size bun, i find the bigger buns generally are more docile if anything.

i have a nethie and a very large cross living together and are the best of friends but my nethie Alan is the boss :lol:

Its definately down to temperament.

BB is a 6.5kg frenchie living with Joey, a 875g tiny nethie

I always find the bigger the rabbit the more laid back, small and giant can work really well together:wave:

I don't have a conti but Emmalena is a large lop and lives with Harvey who is a cross breed at half her size.

Same with Honey she is a large bun and lives with my two Nethies, Cindy and Misty. :)

Thats great :)

Unfortunatly the lovely giant we originally wanted wasnt there so we were disappointed. However we did find another lovely little girl and a cross breed but has some Himalayan (excuse the spelling) markings i think. She is about 3 months old. Picking her up tonight!

I always find the bigger the rabbit the more laid back, small and giant can work really well together:wave:

Excluding Belgian Hares! wouldn't advise pairing a dwarf rabbit with a Belgian, Cause they can be Flighty and because of their large size may hurt the littler ones! But Conti's, Flemish, and British Giants are all lovely docile breeds who would probably be a wonderful companion for any rabbit :) xx

Back