• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big buns - litter trays??

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
One of my litter trays is a storage box but with slightly higher sides than the underbed storage ones I use. Every single bunny can hop in and out of it with no trouble at all, apart from Lilith (French lop) :? she just can't get into it and if we put her in she just stays there until we get her back out.

Eddie also struggled with this tray. I think it might be because the smaller ones hop in and out whereas the larger ones climb in and out.

If I give her a more shallow one though she will end up missing the tray when she pees, even in an underbed storage box I think, and there's no way she'd fit her bum in a corner litter tray

Suggestions anyone? :wave:

One of my litter trays is a storage box but with slightly higher sides than the underbed storage ones I use. Every single bunny can hop in and out of it with no trouble at all, apart from Lilith (French lop) :? she just can't get into it and if we put her in she just stays there until we get her back out.

Eddie also struggled with this tray. I think it might be because the smaller ones hop in and out whereas the larger ones climb in and out.

If I give her a more shallow one though she will end up missing the tray when she pees, even in an underbed storage box I think, and there's no way she'd fit her bum in a corner litter tray

Suggestions anyone? :wave:

Jollyes sell a litter tray for cats that i wish i'd known about when Biscuit's digging was at its worst, it could be perfect for Lilith. It's quite expensive however, at £12.99 for the largest one they do.

It's taller than a underbed storage box, but at one side, it has a cut out for cat to get into. I reckon that'd be perfect for her. I could fit Biscuit in the largest one about 4 or 5 times, so i'm sure a frenchy could get in and have enough space to be comfy?

Jollyes sell a litter tray for cats that i wish i'd known about when Biscuit's digging was at its worst, it could be perfect for Lilith. It's quite expensive however, at £12.99 for the largest one they do.

It's taller than a underbed storage box, but at one side, it has a cut out for cat to get into. I reckon that'd be perfect for her. I could fit Biscuit in the largest one about 4 or 5 times, so i'm sure a frenchy could get in and have enough space to be comfy?

oo good idea thank you :wave: or I might see if I can cut the side out of this one.

Yes she will think comfort is very important, she likes to eat lying down. In fact she likes to do everything lying down :lol:

I got a 'gravel tray' from Wilkinsons though they are very shallow but about the same size as an underbed storage box

You can also get potting trays that have one big side, two sloped sides and one low side. I think someone uses one on here for a disabled bunny, Tuckerbunnies maybe?

Back